Trent Valley North American Modellers -2012 Show

Northpoint

post-6943-0-77398800-1325869644_thumb.jpg

The UKs premier US based exhibition is here again.

11 high quality layouts promised so far.

Many traders to provide you with those hard to get items you've been looking for.

Free car parking and disabled access.

Light refreshments.

A must for anybody whose interests lie on the far side of the Atlantic.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

TVNAM 2012 is 5 weeks away today - Count-down is in progress! I'm looking forward to meeting some old friends and some email only ones, and making new ones, meeting like-minded modellers, getting inspration and ideas from other modellers layouts, and displaying the "Fiddlestick Switch Job"

Can't agree more Jack, :no: :locomotive: it will be nice to talk and meet like-minded people and put a few faces to names.

Bringing a novice operater with me :O , never operated HELM before,so please be patient with him he'll get there in the end!!! :scratchhead:

Hope everyone has a safe journey and will meet you all there.

Ray

As posted elsewhere, we have new (professional) catering this year - my wife Liz was very wary to do it again after half the visitors and exhibitors were struck down at Sutton Coldfield 2 weeks ago! Anyway, it means that hot food will be available including bacon sandwiches and the like from early on.

All the layouts have confirmed they will be coming but still waiting for confirmation from at least one trader.

Raffle prizes have been donated by Model Junction, Walthers, Team Track Trading, Coastal DCC and LSWR Models.

Here's looking forward to a super day for all.

• RMweb Premium

Posters etc were well on show at Derby show today...

Thanks for the mention about Derby - the show's on again tomorrow and we have 3 American layouts there plus lots more to see - remember that a good model is a good model regardless of scale, gauge or location :sungum:

Harrington HO

Murrayville Yard HO

Piedmont Lines O

I beleive one of those is at Trent Valley show, but don't ask me which! and one is something of a rariety - 'O' gauge USA outline , with sound, DCC etc, literally all bells and whistles.

Jez (Richard New) is bringing his successor to Harrington - Lawley st. This will be its first outing. If it's anyhting like Harrington, it will be worth seeing.

I spoke to the other 2 at Derby yesterday with a view to them coming to the next Trent Valley show.

Nick

If your looking for something new for next years show,my mate Phil Baggley might be interested in bringing his layout BRADDOCK

there are some photo's of it on our website, under members layouts.

www.solrail.co.uk

Ray

Thanks for that, Ray.

Ask him to send me details - you should have my e-mail address.

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers Dave

I also notice we have the intruder from over the border opposite us,will be able to keep a eye on him,in case he starts pillaging the other layouts!!! :stinker: ,you know what there like from the Highlands!!!!!!!!!! :no:

Thou they say us west Cumbrians are just as bad,let the battle commence,handbags at the ready!!!!!!!! :nono:

Ray

from deepest west cumbria

Lawley Street nearly finished:

IMG_0580.jpg

2211, now with sound (Oh no! Not more bells and whistles!) switches a corn syrup tank.

IMG_0585.jpg

Lawley Street motive power line up.

I'm not really near anyone, just by the entrance - call me Billy-no-mates :O

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Jez

Hi Billy(Jez)

Been there with my old layout Tomsville,there was suppose to be 2 layouts in a annex at one show,the other layout pulled out, hardly seen a sole all day,plus i was on my own,definitely Billy no-mates,not to worry Jez we will keep coming over with cups of tea and biscuts, your not that far away!!!

Ray

Raffle prizes have started arriving:

Athearn SD70m-2 from Model Junction, various items from Walthers, vouchers promised by many of the traders, rolling road from Coastal DCC.

Get your tickets here...... :danced:

Archived