Trent Valley North American Modellers -2012 Show

Northpoint

Gentlemen (and Ladies) - I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I am unable to attend after all. This afternoon we went to the cinema, and on the way out I put my foot down on a piece of floor that wasn't there (there was a further step) and fell SWMBO was holding my arm, and my fall dragged her over - she has fractured her right arm near the shoulder, and is certainly not going to be able to take care of herself for 3 days while I would be away.I was really looking forward to meeting you all and am really sorry not to be there as promised - knowing that many will have seen the posting in the USA "Gentle nudge" thread - I'll post in there too.Apologies for having to withdraw

Jack aka Shortliner

Jack, that's very bad news indeed. I do hope Lou soon recovers from such a bad fall. Please pass on my best wishes.

A lot of folk will be very disappointed not to meet you 'in the flesh' but I'm sure everyone will understand and wish you both a speedy recovery.

Very best wishes. I'll be up North in September and will likely pay you a visit.

Dave.

Thanks, Dave- see you then.

The good thing was that there were 3 off-duty amblance service paramedics and an off-duty police paramedic in the audience, so she got immediate care and top of the line attention - They called for an ambulance (who were all out on calls), and I drove her to the hospital A&E in the car - being a 3-door with a wide opening door there was no problem getting her into it. Top of the line service in A&E too, and the Xray confirmed the immediate diagnosis of the paramedic - a fractured humerus up near the shoulder joint

Jack

Sorry to here you can't make it, was looking forward to some fresh haggis!!!

Hope your better half has a speedy recovery,(hope you know how to pamper!!!!)

may bump into you on my travels or at TVNAM next year!!!!!!!

All the best to you and your wife

Ray

Need I say more?

post-6943-0-47701000-1339132414.jpg

Well posting the first one was sure to give it the kiss of death...!!! :rolleyes:

baldrick25, on 12 May 2012 - 19:22 , said:

.... one is something of a rariety - 'O' gauge USA outline , with sound, DCC etc, literally all bells and whistles.

The first two years of TVNAM we did have O Scale there... in 2010 I did a Static Display of my stuff and last year it was all on a layout - only 12vDC but still had bells & air horns!!.

.... maybe a third year of O Scale Soo Line would have been overkill, (understandably!!) and I haven't had time or money to build something else for this year - have barely managed to do 4 HO locos for Dave's Dan Patch Line...

Bring some of your O gauge loco's a long,the more the merrier,with all the publicity TVNAM getting there may be people coming who haven't been before,me for one,sure Nick won't mind,you could display them where Jack was going to be??.

just a thought

Ray

Archived