Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Banbury in N scale - A great time at the Abingdon in March 2024

roundhouse

• RMweb Gold

Thanks, that would be handy.if you have some side on shots as most of the ones I have seen are 3/4 ones so positioning the decals on the sides (or are really close up so you cant work out the relationship with the windows) isn't easy from them.

Regards

Ian

PS the roof shots will also be useful as I hope to get the alterations to the roof done over the weekend.

I'll have a dig for them - sorry only just noticed your reply.

I was just searching for work related photos and found this one of charter train heading North during the steam ban over the DEMU Showcase weekend.

The 67 was standing in for Tornado!

I've got a vid of that very train lol! :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'll have a dig for them - sorry only just noticed your reply.

Last night I managed to get the network Rail logos on the 150 from photos on the web. 

However, I couldn't find any shots taken of the middle of the set - i.e. inner ends. There is a lot of small warning signs on the front / forward sections but not sure what there is on the inner areas, so any of those areas would be very useful.please plus any rood detail photos as I still need to add a few bits to the roof.

Also added were the small cab front cable receptacles. A coat of yellow on these this morning to hide and joints, these will then v=be painted their correct colours tomorrow morning with any luck.

Regards

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Pete

Just what I was looking for - thanks.

it does show that I now need to replace the Farish exhaust as its different to that but should be pretty easy to change using a bit of plastic rod or tube.

Another thing I need to do is to paint the very bottom edge of the body (below the doors)  black. Something I had noticed before but forgot about before starting the decals. Might now have to wait till all the decals are on and sealed with matt varnish.

Thanks again.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

I managed to add the black strip along the bottom of one car this morning. You can hardly see it in the photos though.

I need to add another coat of yellow to the cab fronts.

I am hoping to fit the glazing this weekend after completing thr decals and varnishing.

post-1557-0-08410700-1375856622_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-17773300-1375856646_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

I managed to add the black strip along the bottom of one car this morning. You can hardly see it in the photos though.

I need to add another coat of yellow to the cab fronts.

I am hoping to fit the glazing this weekend after completing thr decals and varnishing.

Not my interest or modelling period, but that does look rather good

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Mark

It's taken longer than I expected but just haven't had the time for much modelling recently.

Tonight we are out seeing parents so won't get a lot done tonight but at least I get an hour in the morning to do a bit.

Regards

Ian

• RMweb Gold

A little more was done on the 150 late last night and this morning.

i had put the numbers on the side of one coach and as they were too low, i tried wetting and removing them but they didn't survive so a new set will need to be ordered. The black band  at the bottom is now on this coach aswell as the other one.

This morning the cable receptacles on the cab fronts were filed to profile then painted orange.

Tonight the remaining decals will be fixed and hopefully the unit will be matt varnished (the missing numbers will have to be added after Midland Railex now).

More Dapol Easymate couplings have had a tiny bit of canopy glue applied to the springs ready for fitting to more stock. Very soon all locos will have at least one of these fitted. A few will have Rapido couplings left on one end so that they can haul visiting stock.

Ian

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Last night I managed to get all the tiny decals onto the NR 150 apart from the two I had to remove which then broke up, so they will have to go on once I have replacements.

The unit then got a spray of Dullcote after masking the cab front windows both inside and outside.

However this morning the areas where varnish had been applied ready for the decals was still gloss, so the unit has now had a second coat.

Sometimes I find that the Dullcote just wont cover the gloss varnish so I may have to resort to brushing matt varnish over those areas. We shall see how it looks tonight as it would be nice to get some of the glazing in when I get home.

SO this mornings other task was to fit the 6 pin decoders to both chassis and change the CV values.

One final task was to paint the cab steps fitted to the front bogie on each chassis, white.

I hope to work on some of the roof detail but most will have to wait till after next weekend.

Next week I intend to get back to working on the scenic boards and add a few more details. Its amazing how much more there is still to add to the layout.

Ian

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Not much done to the NR 150 over the weekend as my time was spent working on larger scale scenics.

I did have a go putting the glazing back in last night but the on filing the yellow paint in the reveals caused a little bit to come off on the exposed window opening edges so the yellow was touched up this morning and hopefully the glazing will go in tonight.

Just the mornings after tonight left to work on the layout as tomorrow afternoon and evening will be spent in Olympia, probably at the USA bar!!

Layout is packed up ready to load on Friday night ready for Midland Railex. this weekend. We have Kernow to one side and Invicta Models one layout beyond on the other side so it could be an expensive weekend!!

Ian

Edited by roundhouse

• RMweb Gold

The NR 150 is nearly complete. Most of the glazing is now in place. The new pieces of glazing are held in place with canopy glue which dries clear do any that gets on the visible areas is very much invisible.

I have fitted the shorter Rapidos that came with the unit but it will probably get knuckle couplings.

Just a few panes on one side of one coach to do.

The roof detail is a task for the next few mornings

post-1557-0-28888400-1376374684_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-22618300-1376374710_thumb.jpg

• Like 16