RMweb

Bachmann Class 40 32-475DC and 32-480DS

GaryHN

Please remember that discounted examples are also available from the Class 40 Preservation Society - I think they need the money more!! ;-)

(See message above)

Hi

I've ordered two. One for myself and one for a club member. There's only two pounds of a difference between Hattons and the Society. £88-£90.

Hattons won't miss the two pounds. But the preservation group could badly do with the money.

Well worth it.

Stephen

Edited by ayrmrg
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm still not convinced by the shape of the front cab windows, when compared with photos and the JLRT model, even allowing for the acknowledged problems. The real thing head on

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robertcwp/2172498670/in/set-72157603648636250

the windows look like they should be slightly taller than on the model.

And are the windows more raked than the previous model? If you look at the triangular cab side window, it's now much larger than the previous model and compared to the real 40141 perhaps a bit too big?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47304317@N08/4398379844/in/photolist-7GER6f-bQu48F-7VJu6J-eeucXz-8Po3Tm-eUk9rT-gTqejq-ezBnhd-9USURW-8TE1Dq-9SYyiK-dre7o4-d82MzS-dRVcDA-ehuBGk-bH1iKM-gxcwAh-fi12UG-gxbQXs-9GmBv8-d25D7u-dnDxas-fhL2nk-7GAUHK-gxcqBH-iSXUNc-iUT6v3-bVjTVe-fNHCPf-bkqsUg-9b2Sst-9p4YRr-9KRphJ-9ShMqS-9coPxX-9cjdKt-8R3efs-8NSr2e-8Hj984-8RxxsU-9sRHdU-hThCh7-8ULdVy-bapoNg-8UcBSu-9coA2i-8QnWcu-bmCcNu-8LM55G-8LQnRt-8LzeVf

Wow, never realised the roofline profile was so far out on the original. Postman Pat has still got mine. :resent:  :resent:  

that was one of the big problems with the original run - the roof 'came down' too far, resulting in the sides being too shallow and the radiator grilles being squashed, ending up very rectangular instead of almost square. Mine also arrived today and first impressions are very good, thankfully!

Paul

Edited by Strathyre

Not being too bothered about on-board sound but quite keen on a model of D211 Mauretania, I can't help wondering if there is anyone out there who would like to swap (for the price differential at one of the box shifters) the sound chassis under D211 for the non-sound chassis under D369 to give that a sound system, assuming the chassis are interchangeable and both versions become available?

PM me if interested,

Stan

Will follow with interest, Peter - you going down the departmental route as 97 406?

97406 is the plan, I have always wanted to do this loco. It will give my Lima 97407 a playmate.

Cheers Peter.

If you're removing those, make sure you say 'please' first.

Hi Chard, It took me a minute to work out what you were on about. I have only had 1 beer so I will blame my fat fingers. lol 

Tanks Peter. :locomotive:

Maybe the lights are on the same sort of pcb n the back of the noses with the same contacts regardless of version like the 37s.

Lets see more pics then as these are unboxed.

Weve been waiting long enough and spouting off about the delays long enough now.....

Whats the sound version like too?