Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

Free listing weekend so your starter for 10 is this one from the 'They Shoot Horses Don't They?' category.  Apparently it would look good in a scrape yard.  Would look better in a skip IMHO

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavily-Weathered-00-Guage-Old-Disused-Railway-Coach-Graham-Farish-Carriage-/221259916866?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item33841e6642

ps there's a link on the ebay page to 10 more pics if you haven't seen enough!

Yes, I know these coaches came out with lamps on the tables but this can't be all that abadoned... Looks as if someone is still dinning in it with that lamp in the window...

Surely if you were a young misfit that had no respect and you came across an old coach that was abandoned, you wouldn't leave the lamp on the table, would you ?? :drag:

Did any Pullman cars actually end up in an abandoned and neglected state?  Presumably they went somewhere when withdrawn but, apart from ones used for other functions such as the one at the Pecorama, I don't recall ever seeing any photos.

Free listing weekend so your starter for 10 is this one from the 'They Shoot Horses Don't They?' category.  Apparently it would look good in a scrape yard.  Would look better in a skip IMHO

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavily-Weathered-00-Guage-Old-Disused-Railway-Coach-Graham-Farish-Carriage-/221259916866?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item33841e6642

As a collector's item, it might possibly have been worth £10 (not to me I hasten to add!), but, b*%%ered up, it is indeed only skip worthy.

As I've said before even scrapped items have to be modelled properly. Old junk remains just that!

Thanks, but no thanks!

As for the yellow thing, I've got three of these, which cost rather less than £10 for the lot. I'd be capable of painting them yellow and adding transfers myself, if I wanted to (which I don't!)

PS

I'm not surprised it's an "unique item".

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

Just spotted this gem from the Phyllis despoiler:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Weathered-00-Gauge-Scrape-Yard-0-6-0-Steam-Loco-transported-on-a-Well-Wagon-/221259017018?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item338410ab3a

EDIT

Midland Railways Class 1

I don't think so.

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Premium

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Weathered-00-Gauge-Scrape-Yard-0-6-0-Steam-Loco-transported-on-a-Well-Wagon-/221259017018?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item338410ab3a

EDIT

Midland Railways Class 1

I don't think so.

"Add a touch of realism to your layout." Not like that I won't.

• RMweb Premium

He's doing it wrong, it needs to be painted yellow. Some people....

:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:                

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

As was hinted in a post above...a BR Blue Ex DB "Foriegn" Lok...

'Runs OK on Code 3 track'  :locomotive:

"Series 3" Track...Tri-ang Railways 1958-1962. With even sharper First Radius curves than Super 4 and system 6 First Radius...;)

Yes, a crying shame to paint this old coach...the parts, especially the bogies, would have been a better buy...Cellulose Acetate Plastic Body, Unstable Zinc chassis and interior, etc..these can tend to "explode" with the zinc splitting the warped plastic! :O

There was group of Pullman cars at Marazion (Cornwall) not all as  bad as this:

marazion-pullman-coaches-02.jpg

If you google pullman cars marazion you'll get some more

These were originally Camping Coaches. As such they were amongst the last on BR, being used by the BR Staff Association....

Actually meant to be an HO model, so not 1:76...Tri-ang railways Transcontinental Series, as modified into a track cleaning wagon, yes, that one. Pass the meths...;)

What is a "scrape Yard", do they drag old items across the floor!

Scrape could be meant to be an internet scrap yard, a bit like Email, or mailE? :scratchhead:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Another one from the WTF file.  I guess the seller's name could have been worse.... lord knows we've stumbled across far too many on here.......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCRATCHBUILT-0-4-0-LOCOMOTIVE-FITS-OO-TRACK-NEEDS-TLC-/300940272883?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item46117024f3

I THINK THAT THIS LOCO HAS BEEN SCRATCHBUILT IN A CONTINENTAL STYLE. BUT I DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH KNOWLEDGE TO BE SURE OF THE CONSTRUCTION METHODS EMPLOYED. THEREFORE I WILL LEAVE IT TO YOU EXPERT MODELLERS TO HAVE A GOOD LOOK AT THE PICTURES AND REACH YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS.

I've reached my conclusion and I'm not going to bid..........

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

I THINK THAT THIS LOCO HAS BEEN SCRATCHBUILT IN A CONTINENTAL STYLE. BUT I DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH KNOWLEDGE TO BE SURE OF THE CONSTRUCTION METHODS EMPLOYED. THEREFORE I WILL LEAVE IT TO YOU EXPERT MODELLERS TO HAVE A GOOD LOOK AT THE PICTURES AND REACH YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS.

I've reached my conclusion and I'm not going to bid..........

Cheers,

Mick

You're just sulking 'cos it's not yellow....... :nono:

• RMweb Gold

...... and it's not RARE either.

At least he is trying to be honest with his description, unlike some .......

Edited by BoD

EDIT

Midland Railways Class 1 [/size]

I don't think so.

I didn't realise painting stuff orange counted as weathering

I didn't realise painting stuff orange counted as weathering

GWR goes on tour during the North African campaign, all while trialing the Desert Sand paint job the think might look nice on some unspecified diesel locomotive they haven't built yet?