EBay madness

Marcyg

Knocking over the solvent bottle is a silly thing to do.

Dropping a soldering iron is equally daft.

Doing both at the same time is a step too far.

Bernard

That's just down the road from me...... I could easily collect.

I wonder.....

Maybe..........

Not.

Cheers,

Mick

Still you would have needed very long arms judging by the depth of the board... :jester:

Shouldn't that read, "A model that your friends will not want on their layout"?

IMHO, it wouldn't be worth £2.50 (ignoring the exorbitant postal charge) in pristine condition. The model wasn't up to much when Tri-ang released it (let it escape?) back in the early fifties.

Shouldn't that read, "A model that your friends will not want on their layout"?

IMHO, it wouldn't be worth £2.50 (ignoring the exorbitant postal charge) in pristine condition. The model wasn't up to much when Tri-ang released it (let it escape?) back in the early fifties.

Yes, but given its continuing availability via the Thomas range they've certainly had value for money out of their tooling :D.

Hi

And from the same seller, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Two-Yale-type-keys-/330969398678?pt=UK_HaG_Lock_Safes_GL&hash=item4d0f503d96

Sorry it's not railway ,but why?.

And this one ,it's railway of some sort http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airfix-model-wagon-/330972657823?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4d0f81f89f

read what he has put about it !.

Edited by darren01

• RMweb Gold

Now this confuses me.  Why would anyone buy SE Finecast glazing for £3.49 from here when the SE Finecast website itself shows the items at £2.25 a pop with postage 50p up to £3.00 worth of goods & £1.00 over £3.00?

Yes indeed. A miscalculation on their part I think.

On the other hand, I have dealt successfully with them on several occasions when purchasing various adhesives, some of the types which were hard to find.

Now this confuses me.  Why would anyone buy SE Finecast glazing for £3.49 from here when the SE Finecast website itself shows the items at £2.25 a pop with postage 50p up to £3.00 worth of goods & £1.00 over £3.00?

If nothing else it saves having to recreate an account specifically for SE Finecast. Sometimes it is just easier to shop under one roof. Hence the popularity of malls. 

• RMweb Gold

My wife bought this for

my son at LT 150 at Amersham and he was not impressed (Priarie tanks should be green!!!!)   (sic)

There's hope for the younger generation after all!

Yes but apparently railway junk ends up on eBay! The price must be a typo for 7p.

The listing states "van" but the picture shows three (all in need of being 'put down'*)???

*The GW one even before it fell in the paint pot.

Wonder if there is any mileage in this for Hornby/Bachmann to consider for the future:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRASS-KITBUILT-00-GAUGE-DECAPOD-0-10-0T-GREAT-EASTERN-LINED-GREY-LOCO-No-20-/130953947810?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item1e7d76aaa2

To be fair though (with 40 or so mins left), it seems to be a battle between two bidders just over the £200 mark.

£542 now!!!

Edited by cromptonnut

• RMweb Gold

...... ans at that price I think I'd want to pay a bit more than the £4.10 economy delivery.

Edited by BoD

Is there a brass kit for this?  i am only aware of the ex Wills one...

There was only one whitemetal one: South Eastern Finecast, and that was a brand new kit. Wills never produced one.

I suspect the eBay one is the SEF kit.

Not aware of any brass kit, unless it was a very private commission.