EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

• RMweb Premium

• RMweb Gold
'there is damage on the one side on the top left hand corner which can be seen in the picture,'

Oh no it can't.

"TRIANG Hornby R751 SPARES REPAIR K's KIT BUILT"

Just about covers every possibilty!

Keith

""TRIANG Hornby KIT BUILT LOCOMOTIVE

UN BOXED

NORMAL WELL USED

Poorly made.

Made with twin working motors from an R751 class 37 Loco.

Missing part of the lowere chassis detail.  Ideal for Spares or Repair or rebuilding.""

What? It's NOT ' a great addition to your collection'? :O

Edited by MarkC

""TRIANG Hornby KIT BUILT LOCOMOTIVE

UN BOXED

NORMAL WELL USED

Poorly made.

Made with twin working motors from an R751 class 37 Loco.

Missing part of the lowere chassis detail.  Ideal for Spares or Repair or rebuilding.""

What? It's NOT ' a great addition to your collection'? :O

Would look absolutely fantastic parked at the very back of a very long engine shed (with the all the lights off and the shed doors closed)!!

I don't need a clear picture of this to know it's not worth £4.19!

• RMweb Premium

No its not "RARE", its *RARE*. A significant difference - I think.

I've found a prototype for all that white fallout from the 'pro-weathering' brigade! (It would be copying a model, but......)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291286105865?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3

Nothing against the seller, who started at a quite reasonable 99p, but seeing the poor 'Bristol Castle' is a write off* and the Diesel is best described as 'poor', someone has been caught be 'bidding fever' IMHO.

* The motor might be salvageable, but won't have been done any good by damp, which has infected the mazak with the dreaded white corrosion. This, in my experience, is impossible to cure - certainly at this level.

• RMweb Gold

I've found a prototype for all that white fallout from the 'pro-weathering' brigade! (It would be copying a model, but......)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291286105865?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3

Nothing against the seller, who started at a quite reasonable 99p, but seeing the poor 'Bristol Castle' is a write off* and the Diesel is best described as 'poor', someone has been caught be 'bidding fever' IMHO.

* The motor might be salvageable, but won't have been done any good by damp, which has infected the mazak with the dreaded white corrosion. This, in my experience, is impossible to cure - certainly at this level.

If, as stated, it's 2-rail, why are there what appear to be collection studs under the tender?

A further update to those who were following this saga.

He eventually contacted me mid Oct to say he had arranged collection by city link.................another 10 days passed before city link turned up to collect the item.  That was about 24th oct.

Two weeks after waving goodbye to the palletised item......on Friday 7th November, City Link brought it back.  Nobody in to receive it, been left numerous notes to collect from depot in Biscester.

Anyway.......I refused to accept it....its not mine anymore.....he paid me, money in the bank, cleared funds....its not mine anymore.

His responsibility.................I cant believe someone is so laid back about an item that cost over £200.

Bob

As a postman I can tell you this happens a lot, I've had packets to deliver and the person has moved, but failed to update their address on E-bay and or Amazon, Royal Mail has system where if it's not claimed after 18 days it goes for disposal in Belfast, every attempt is made to trace the owner, but if it remains unclaimed after a further 21 days the letter or packet is sent straight to an incinerator.

• RMweb Premium

There was an item on "Rip Off Britain" about a girl who ordered an iPad from John Lewis on the web and was given an expected delivery within 5 days.

She was sent an e-mail by JL giving the actual delivery day but didn't read the e-mail so wasn't in when the carrier brought it.

The carrier came back the next day - she still wasn't in, so the carrier asked a neighbour to take it in.

The neighbour noticed the parcel was a bit damaged but didn't know what was supposed to be inside, so waited until the girl that ordered it got home.

You guessed it - the iPad was missing, but being that the neighbour had taken it in and not at the time raising the issue of the damage the carrier insisted it wasn't their responsibility.

John Lewis did like wise and it also turns out the items (there was other things in the parcel) were paid for by Debit Card!

The police got involved and it got quite nasty at one point.

Rip Off Britain made a big show of how uncaring the carrier and John Lewis were.

I would say how stupid the girl was for not reading the delivery e-mail (yes, it had been received) and not being in when she was expecting a delivery of such expensive items.

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Is that an Oz axle?

Or is it something to do with Axel F?

Keith

No, have you not noticed how many sellers use 'Axel' when they mean 'Axle'?

Here's one found in 5 seconds on ebay.co.uk

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LGB-RACK-LOCOMOTIVE-PINION-DRIVE-AXEL-/291283842345?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item43d1deb529

or Scalextric

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCALEXTRIC-box-spares-guides-brushes-motor-axels-tyres-wheels-bearings-contrate-/400799736881?pt=UK_Toys_Games_Scalextrics_Slot_Cars_ET&hash=item5d5186a431

She was sent an e-mail by JL giving the actual delivery day but didn't read the e-mail so wasn't in when the carrier brought it.

The carrier came back the next day - she still wasn't in, so the carrier asked a neighbour to take it in.

A courier recently got quite angry with me, when I refused to take in and sign for a damaged parcel. 

Thane of fife

A courier recently got quite angry with me, when I refused to take in and sign for a damaged parcel. 

I had to collect a small packet from the local Royal Mail office the other day.

There was a small rip in the outer packing and they had repacked it in a clear plastic bag to prevent any increase in the tear and to prevent any items escaping.

Top marks to them for service.

Bernard

• Like 1