EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

Wow - Flying Scotsman/Albert Hall collection is a farce. A very aggressive description! Poor chap will be very disappointed with what he gets for it in the end... if anything. To be fair to him, he isn't an enthusiast and he's not trying to fleece anyone, he just assumes this stuff is worth far more than it really is. I'd love to correct some of the errors but something tells me he wouldn't be interested...

Interesting that he claims to have compared the items with similar on ebay in order to gauge their worth. When I open the page, there's the same Hall but in better condition listed for £10 in the 'similar items' section.

The non-corridor teaks are interesting though, not seen them before. I enjoyed the descriptions of the loco's tenders!

• RMweb Premium

Wow - Flying Scotsman/Albert Hall collection is a farce. A very aggressive description! Poor chap will be very disappointed with what he gets for it in the end... if anything. To be fair to him, he isn't an enthusiast and he's not trying to fleece anyone, he just assumes this stuff is worth far more than it really is. I'd love to correct some of the errors but something tells me he wouldn't be interested...

Interesting that he claims to have compared the items with similar on ebay in order to gauge their worth. When I open the page, there's the same Hall but in better condition listed for £10 in the 'similar items' section.

The non-corridor teaks are interesting though, not seen them before. I enjoyed the descriptions of the loco's tenders!

Too be fair, he has taken 200 pound off after been told that the Hall is faulty - rusty valve gear & broken cab.

Now to tell him that the other stuff are old models & not current production, so no good comparing the price of new stock.

As you say, he's going to be VERY disappointed at the final price.

Edited by kevinlms

It is the rare and collectable version (not that it's £500 rare), but unfortunately it's been 'got at' so the 'value' falls dramatically!

The teak coaches are ancient Graham Farish (circa 70s) and 'worth' around a tenner or so boxed (not to me I hasten to add!).

I'm not sure that an insult to your prospective customers (at the bottom after the long list of unnecessary details!) is a good sales ploy!
Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

Funny i have no numbers in my posts on here?

Had to laugh at what he said, that chap selling this pile of tat http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Trains-Collection-Flying-Scotsman-Albert-Hall-and-assorted-Carriages-/271801568560?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f48a2cd30%C2%A0

if I get a thousand pounds I am more than happy and if they are worth more, please just don't tell me.  We'll both be happy.  Don't you want us to be happy? :O 

Edited by darren01

Funny i have no numbers in my posts on here?

Had to laugh at what he said, that cap selling this pile of tat http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Trains-Collection-Flying-Scotsman-Albert-Hall-and-assorted-Carriages-/271801568560?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f48a2cd30%C2%A0

if I get a thousand pounds I am more than happy and if they are worth more, please just don't tell me.  We'll both be happy.  Don't you want us to be happy? :O 

ive sent an an offer of £50 inc post, must be very flush cos there is seriously nothing worth a second look except a few spares....

• RMweb Premium

What is with the three digit numbers appearing in posts with no meaning?

It's RMWeb bingo :jester:

You have to fill your card up (you did get a card didn't you?)

First one with a line gets a free list in Buy & Sell

Full House is free for a year! :no:

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Excellent unmade condition, you must be joking.  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cooper-Craft-OO-Kit-No-1007-GWR-V4-Mink-Van-8-039-01-2-034-height-/141619353748?So where is the kit then which should be in the bag.

Not sold and not surprised.

I've got one exactly like that:

post-6208-0-31648900-1427645562_thumb.jpg

However I've also got this as well!

post-6208-0-25807800-1427645604_thumb.jpg

Keith

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 2

Roll up, roll up, grab a bargain!

Some Peco N Setrack on a bit of board.  Yours for only £1200 !!! 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ready-to-run-Ngauge-model-railway/121608059406?

Don't all rush at once now!

This looks like one of these:

http://www.thegoodsyard.co.uk/twinlevel.html

...and if he had all the 'optional extras' included then his pricing could be pukka. Whether it's actually worth it is another thing...

It is the rare and collectable version (not that it's £500 rare), but unfortunately it's been 'got at' so the 'value' falls dramatically!

And while they were converting it to 2-rail, they might have considered flanged wheels on all drivers !  But the price is rubbish  :jester: