RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

Hi Steve. I was going to message you via Ebay but here we are! I have messaged all 12 of the sellers this character purchased from and eveeyone has had the same experience. I spoke to PayPal and as long as you can show them proof of tracked postage they will cover you.

Hi Steve

I've had the misfortune to be scammed by this guy. His username on eBay is shau_cour, not shau.cour. He has also operated under the ebay username abbervilles_2014. Same guy, two eBay accounts and two different delivery addresses. Anyhow, it transpires that his girlfriend has cancelled all the payments ever made on her credit card via PayPal, which go back many many months, saying that her boyfriend made them without her authorisation. A terrible attempt at fraud, made even worse because they are so easy to track down! I ended up calling her at work, and after a while I managed to get my goods back (though still out of pocket for postage costs and auction/PayPal fees). She was very blasé about it and really wasn't interested...but I kept phoning....and got a result. Hope any other sellers affected here get their goods or cash back. If you need help or want to know what else I did to get my goods back, please email me....I'm not going to give their full names and phone numbers out on this public site.

Shame eBay has people like that.....

Mike

"Good runner"

Product Type: Locomotives

Scale (Gauge): OO

Assembly: Pre-Assembled

Brand: Hornby

Method of Power: DCC

Product Type? Shouldn't his read "Boxes, Empty"?

OK, it comes pre assembled....

Method of Power DCC?

:jester:

Edited by Sarahagain

Hi Steve

I've had the misfortune to be scammed by this guy. His username on eBay is shau_cour, not shau.cour. He has also operated under the ebay username abbervilles_2014. Same guy, two eBay accounts and two different delivery addresses. Anyhow, it transpires that his girlfriend has cancelled all the payments ever made on her credit card via PayPal, which go back many many months, saying that her boyfriend made them without her authorisation. A terrible attempt at fraud, made even worse because they are so easy to track down! I ended up calling her at work, and after a while I managed to get my goods back (though still out of pocket for postage costs and auction/PayPal fees). She was very blasé about it and really wasn't interested...but I kept phoning....and got a result. Hope any other sellers affected here get their goods or cash back. If you need help or want to know what else I did to get my goods back, please email me....I'm not going to give their full names and phone numbers out on this public site.

Shame eBay has people like that.....

Hi Mike, glad to hear you made progress. I managed to get my items returned too, after some 'discussion' as to how I would be prepared to recover my losses. It's such a shame that thieves like this have ruined the likes of Ebay. Ebay and Paypal didn't seem overly bothered, I guess they deal with these issues on a daily basis.

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Ebay Madness: I just spotted a Bachmann NSE Class 166, and since some of the FGW ones are listed for silly money, thought the £79.50 price tag was quite reasonable for a 3-car DMU, especially with free postage.  What's mad about that, I hear you ask?  Well, I clicked on it and was shocked to see that it was our old friend Gostude.  Even more of a surprise, I looked at some of his other items and found quite a lot of reasonably priced DMUs especially, plus a lot of other things.  Is he having a secret sale?  Is there a lack of Kit Built Scratch Built Detailed LOOK items at the minute? 

Thankfully, I have no need for a 166.  (Though I didn't really need the other one either...)

• RMweb Gold

Ebay Madness: I just spotted a Bachmann NSE Class 166, and since some of the FGW ones are listed for silly money, thought the £79.50 price tag was quite reasonable for a 3-car DMU, especially with free postage.  What's mad about that, I hear you ask?  Well, I clicked on it and was shocked to see that it was our old friend Gostude.  Even more of a surprise, I looked at some of his other items and found quite a lot of reasonably priced DMUs especially, plus a lot of other things.  Is he having a secret sale?  Is there a lack of Kit Built Scratch Built Detailed LOOK items at the minute? 

Thankfully, I have no need for a 166.  (Though I didn't really need the other one either...)

Indeed. I noticed them and came over all dizzy. Again, nothing I was after though

Eighty quid for an ancient chassis kit....think I'll pass on that.

Ebay Madness: I just spotted a Bachmann NSE Class 166, and since some of the FGW ones are listed for silly money, thought the £79.50 price tag was quite reasonable for a 3-car DMU, especially with free postage. What's mad about that, I hear you ask? Well, I clicked on it and was shocked to see that it was our old friend Gostude. Even more of a surprise, I looked at some of his other items and found quite a lot of reasonably priced DMUs especially, plus a lot of other things. Is he having a secret sale? Is there a lack of Kit Built Scratch Built Detailed LOOK items at the minute?

Thankfully, I have no need for a 166. (Though I didn't really need the other one either...)

I looked at all his other stock, and realised it was just an illusion. Edited by Horsetan

Fans of pretty Southern kettles who are of a nervous disposition (or easily wound up) look away now...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REF-304-UK-ONLY-060-Class-C-Wainright-Static-Scrapyard-Model-/281818585397?hash=item419db25935

REF-304 UK-ONLY. 060 + Tender. Class C Wainright (31245) Maker Unknown. OO Gauge. Non Motorised. Scrapyard Model. Rare and a bit special.

Maker unknown? well, Bachmann or Great British Locomotives Collection (Amercom partwork)?

Personally, I would have to lean towards GBL! ;)

• RMweb Gold

As mentioned previously, I can't get over the 'Rare and a bit special' comment....     Just what are these people on.

Dave Franks.

You can't argue with the 'Rare' bit.