EBay madness

Marcyg

Presumably it's because of the distinctive dry-brush weathering by Charlie Trace (MRJ c.1986 IIRC) as there's another similarly priced MR van listed on ebay. It's not exactly rocket science, is it ?  Knackered brush, old grey paint, piece of kitchen paper...I'd do you a wagon in that style for a quid ! 

Edited by CKPR
  • Like 5

whose this gosturde and what beef have folk seemingly got against them?

Greg Diffen, an Australian living in Warwick, a leading light in the UK Studebaker Club (and who owns an extensive Studebaker collection), is a purveyor of extortionately priced crap masquerading as models, merrily misdescribing almost every RTR item as "kit built".

Presumably it's because of the distinctive dry-brush weathering by Charlie Trace (MRJ c.1986 IIRC) as there's another similarly priced MR van listed on ebay. It's not exactly rocket science, is it ?  Knackered brush, old grey paint, piece of kitchen paper...I'd do you a wagon in that style for a quid !

Charlie Trace?

I thought that was the remains of the white powder left on a certain type of lady's backside!!

The sheet isn't tied down so a bit of wind and it would be gone!

For that money I'd want the job done properly.

Sadly its not that hard.

post-21863-0-92473800-1441769147_thumb.jpg

post-21863-0-63712000-1441769272_thumb.jpg

Id gladly offer MY wagon sheeting services for half the price. :P :P

The biggest issue I have with this isnt the possibly dodgy building, or the god awful "weathering", but the simple fact that no matter how lazy BR was with cleaning locos, you still need to be able to read the damn loco number.

-"Which loco am I driving today?"

-"The one half covered in bird crap. No idea the number. Cleaning staffs given up at this point."

But at least the cleaner had the decency to clean off the BR logos incase it was mistaken for one of those "other railways" locos...

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

The biggest issue I have with this isnt the possibly dodgy building, or the god awful "weathering", but the simple fact that no matter how lazy BR was with cleaning locos, you still need to be able to read the damn loco number.

-"Which loco am I driving today?"

-"The one half covered in bird crap. No idea the number. Cleaning staffs given up at this point."

But at least the cleaner had the decency to clean off the BR logos incase it was mistaken for one of those "other railways" locos...

Just take the nearest one!

• RMweb Gold

What - for 'only' 60 quid.  Properly tied sheets are no doubt 'extra'.  And with that gap showing in the cornerplate I'd hardly be inclined to describe it as 'beautifully built' (let alone incorrectly described)

• RMweb Premium

I know the old Minitrix Class 27 is a misshapen pup but then someone did this to it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINITRIX-N-GAUGE-REPAINTED-CLASS-27-ORANGE-CREAM-MILLENNIUM-FALCON-DIESEL-LOCO-/131600079742?hash=item1ea3f9db7e

There are a couple of others as well...

A decent burial is the best offer I can make on this!

I know the old Minitrix Class 27 is a misshapen pup but then someone did this to it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINITRIX-N-GAUGE-REPAINTED-CLASS-27-ORANGE-CREAM-MILLENNIUM-FALCON-DIESEL-LOCO-/131600079742?hash=item1ea3f9db7e

There are a couple of others as well...

A decent burial is the best offer I can make on this!

I know of people who enjoy restoring these kinds of bad paint jobs, but not at RoS prices. Apparently the Minitrix locos are good runners as well.

Here's one to get you up and running with that Mk 3 ScotRail rake. Might need to arrange a mortgage first though if you're looking for a full rake.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LIMA-305379-1-BR-SCOTRAIL-MK3-CO-OPEN-COMPOSITE-CLASS-COACH-SC-11908-LTD-ED-nb-/361315956923?hash=item54201bf8bb

The seller has 99.9% positive feedback though, so he must be good.

:O  :O  :O