Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

I can't, but apparently someone can, as it's currently 76 quid (+ £2.95)....  :O

Edited by Il Grifone

!

Poor thing

Reminds me of the gold horrors Rivarossi did years ago*. I suppose you could paint her green again (or even black if you insist!).

* To make them look like the brass models from the Far East? (Again why?)

Edited by Il Grifone

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lima-oo-gauge-class-33-33205-railfreight-loco-Hornby-Bachmann-model-railway/332642808605?hash=item4d730e731d:g:AEcAAOSwFUxa73VS

I find this listing hard to believe, the picture is clearly a screen shot of a previous listing, one which sold for £16, and its listed with a buy-it-now of £30! gotta be a wind up surely.

• RMweb Premium

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lima-oo-gauge-class-33-33205-railfreight-loco-Hornby-Bachmann-model-railway/332642808605?hash=item4d730e731d:g:AEcAAOSwFUxa73VS

I find this listing hard to believe, the picture is clearly a screen shot of a previous listing, one which sold for £16, and its listed with a buy-it-now of £30! gotta be a wind up surely.

Now marked 'No longer listed due to error in listing.'.

s-l1600.jpg

I've just noticed that, not only has he neglected to shave the name and number plates off that Hornby Western, but it would also appear to be sitting on Warship bogies.

Maybe there was a precedent for this in the Swindon cutting up area.

Can't think why the ZL chopping squad would bother to weld some Warship cowls/skirts in though...

To be fair, the paint job isn't all that bad.

However, there are only a finite number of errors that half decent weathering can disguise. And this example isn't one of them...

It just goes to show that if you really want a derelict piece of scrap, it needs to be modelled just as accurately as anything else. You can't just plonk down a piece of junk from the spares box.

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I was wondering if the engine got cut up and passed out the windows, as no roof panels removed.   :jester:

Perhaps it was a dummy, used for double-heading.

Ha. No wonder he doesn't have any feedback yet - he can't of sold anything!

CoY

The new 'Catch 22'? - Can't sell anything on eBay as haven't got any feedback; can't get feedback as hasn't sold anything...

• RMweb Gold

The new 'Catch 22'? - Can't sell anything on eBay as haven't got any feedback; can't get feedback as hasn't sold anything...

At £7 for economy delivery it's hardly surprising. For the price of the wagon he could offer free postage bring it round

• RMweb Premium

When I was thinking of selling on eBay,

I was advised to buy a few items first,

at least that gives you some feedback,

admittedly only as a buyer, not a seller.

There isn't anything about this listing that would constitute madness in the sense it is used in this thread and, for what it is, the price seems reasonable enough - but they do have a colourful way of describing the condition of their stock:

Motor goes like the clappers but the Wheels need a clean.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-0-6-0-Terrier-Locomotive-Heavy-Tri-ang-Hornby/183219701971?hash=item2aa8bec8d3:g:T8gAAOSw3upa34ZD

Looks to be a white metal body kit on a solid wheel jinty chassis. J52 perhaps. I rather like it but the postage rules it out for me.

This global service ebay offers is stupid. It is often the cheaper the item the higher the postage. Here in Brazil even with 60% duty the post and duty is never more than half of what they want to charge. A lot of the time the seller does not even know they've set it up. I always hunt out the damn box that needs ticking to get rid of it, because as an overseas buyer I just skip the ads even if it is something I want. I did write to one seller who said they could not be bothered to sort it out, well they lost £350 I think its still for sale too.

This global service ebay offers is stupid. It is often the cheaper the item the higher the postage. Here in Brazil even with 60% duty the post and duty is never more than half of what they want to charge. A lot of the time the seller does not even know they've set it up. I always hunt out the damn box that needs ticking to get rid of it, because as an overseas buyer I just skip the ads even if it is something I want. I did write to one seller who said they could not be bothered to sort it out, well they lost £350 I think its still for sale too.

Just a money making racket  :angry: