Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

The bogies are explained in the listing:

Colin,

Yes, I understand that, but isn't the point of modifying a loco to improve it, whereas in this case, the appearance is just plain wrong.

I think that he was converting it to an A1A-A1A Warship :yahoo:. So the bogies maybe right its just the bodies now wrong.

Or hes got a class 50 Warship chassis thinking that it's the same class.

OK I'll put my coat on.

OzzyO.

Is a Wrenn van, even if mint in a mint box, worth £70 as opening bid? with two hours to go, no-one seems interested!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wrenn-W5049-GW-Passanger-Fruit-Van-P4-1991-92-Box-versi-/130524045874?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D1%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D299596998340596394

EDIT...

Whoops...2 DAYS to go....Dyslexia rules! [as pointed out by Colin (below)]

Is a Wrenn van, even if mint in a mint box, worth £70 as opening bid? with two hours to go, no-one seems interested!

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...596998340596394

EDIT...

The prices asked/paid for Wrenn items never cease to amaze me (see the current Wrenn website :mellow: ). Especially in the case of items in ficticious/erroneous liveries like this one - these vans first appeared during the 'shirtbutton' period and, in any case, the lettering should be yellow.

Just a few hours left to pick up something a little unusual!

link

Any ideas on the extra roof fittings?

It's just a bit of super detailing that the rest of us don' know about, maybe a bit like the plows.

OzzyO.

• RMweb Gold

Why is this currently at £90.00 + :blink:

Probably because the retail price seems to be about £70.00 ish and it's no longer available in the shops.

Guest Belgian

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wrenn-W5049-GW-Passanger-Fruit-Van-P4-1991-92-Box-versi-/130524045874?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D1%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D299596998340596394

EDIT...

Nobody bought it and he's relisted it, still at £70.

I'm somewhat agog at his description of the "mint" condition of the box, which has a great big tear on one side and rubbed edges!

Bit thismust take the biscuit, however rare it is! He's currently got 77 items listed, without a single bid on any of them and his closed listings show 17 sales from 104 listings, one of which was £70 for an R1 chassis.

JE

His postage charge is more than the wagon is worth, to me. Looks like he bought them as an investment to fund his pension. I imagine he will be disappointed.

Is there some special significance in having a 00 wagon in a P4 box :mellow:

Keith

I think this would come under the heading EBay madness....

I have just listed some coaches which I need to sell rather sharpish to generate some funds. So as I payed much less than average for them in the first place, I'm not one for profiteering and I'm in a hurry I put them on at what some would describe as a bargain. You can imagine my surprise when I received this email...

"hi the coach you just sold on a buy it now, you sold at about half its value, its worth at least £25 they are going for £30 lateley sometimes £40 check the completed listings, you could always cancel the sale saying you listed it as buy it now in error and do an auction to get the fair price, good luck"

Not that I would ever consider doing anything like this, but the last bit I've underlined struck me as a bit devious.

I'm sitting here still suprised this would be suggested to me.

Mark

• RMweb Premium

Would that be a Bachmann Mk2 TSO in blue and grey by any chance? :drinks: I bought one very late last night at a very reasonable price, I would much rather my money went to someone genuinely selling an item rather than deliberately profiteering, they have an honest sale, I have the item I want at a sensible price.

Besides there is no way I or indeed anyone should if they had any sense should be paying more than 5% on original shop selling price on many items, of course EBay now seems to be a quagmire of those with more money than sense...

Would that be a Bachmann Mk2 TSO in blue and grey by any chance? :drinks: I bought one very late last night at a very reasonable price, I would much rather my money went to someone genuinely selling an item rather than deliberately profiteering, they have an honest sale, I have the item I want at a sensible price.

Besides there is no way I or indeed anyone should if they had any sense should be paying more than 5% on original shop selling price on many items, of course EBay now seems to be a quagmire of those with more money than sense...

wink.gif do unto others... etc...

I know Dublo spares are going for high prices at the moment, but this is ridiculous! mellow.gif

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...9#ht_500wt_1156

(It's just a standard rolling stock wheelset - you should be able to get the complete pony truck for this price with wheels included.)

Or you can have two of the same thing for an A4 (only the part number is different)

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...5#ht_500wt_1156

To be fair, the seller does have some more reasonably priced items.

Now, I know it's not really very overpriced, but you have to ask, would you pay over 33 quid for this when you can still order them brand new for 30 quid inc postage from Dapol? Alright, the Maroon one is out of stock till the next batch arrives but surely no-one's that impatient.....

Wonders never cease!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Looks like the blue/grey Mk 2 TSO lunacy is now extending to the Hornby air con versions: :angry:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180674926693&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The fact that many of these are going for about the same price makes me think there is one mug buyer with an entire carriage works to populate.

Glad I got mine cheap, just don't tell the collectors I just renumbered it and put some NSE fleet names on it, they would have heart pulputations!! :laugh: