RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

Presumably he knows it's a Class 58 because the number starts with 47. Obvious, really.

As I'm a kindly soul at heart I dropped him a note; he says a correction will be up shortly.

I suspect that he knows very little about railways - he says he's selling off his father-in-law's stuff.

• RMweb Gold

As I'm a kindly soul at heart I dropped him a note; he says a correction will be up shortly.

I suspect that he knows very little about railways - he says he's selling off his father-in-law's stuff.

I've been known to drop the seller a note - you get a wide variety of responses, from thanks to remarks about anoraks, but many never respond, never change their advert.

Have to say though, whilst theres some incredibly high priced items on Ebay like that 117...I was once lucky enough to pick up a full 9 Car GNER Mk3 rake - the newer type Mk3s with ex Limby TGS...For the grand total of...£35 :blink: :D

The only modification done to them? The previous owner had printed out and stuck NX White Stripe vinyls onto them...Simples! So now i have a pretty cheap ex East Coast rake to haul around in either XC Summer Saturday HST Set...Or as an ex stored ex GNER rake heading for FGW Refurb! B)

I was amazed by this trash even being offered for sale (let alone the exorbitant postage/packing charge!).<_<

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Triang-OO-Gauge-3-Hole-Coach-Wheels-C-x1-Spares-/260749363127?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3cb5df87b7

Then I realised someone had actually bought one! :unsure:

Sorry but I don't know how to post a direct link to an ebay item, BUT look at this one!

Item # 150637867544

It looked to me to be a static model which usually have difficulty fetching £5.

After I and several others asked if it was motorised he added extra information saying he now thought it was a static model. By that time the price had reached £8+.

Someone thought it worth £20 + postage!!

Maurice C.

I noticed a Del Prado "Brighton Belle" coach made £9 recently, perhaps the UK models in the series, are becoming sought after. Thing is, they are 1:160 scale, so technically, too large to mix with the usual 1:148 British outline r-t-r models.

Sorry but I don't know how to post a direct link to an ebay item,

Just Cut and Paste the url of the Bay item (or whatever) into your reply. The computer does the rest.

Note - 1 : 160 is smaller than 1: 148

I have a rather attractive Del Prado DSB class P 4-4-2 on my computer desk. I didn't pay anything like £20 (or even £9) for her!

Not really railway, though it is roughly H0 scale, but have I missed something with this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Matchbox-Major-Pack-M9-Tractor-Front-Trailer-/270777618154?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&hash=item3f0b9a8eea

That is one of the cheaper ones! (up to well over £200!!!), but I loved the "....very good condition with paint loss all over"!

Trailers without doors are usually about 50p, or less, at a boot sale.

• RMweb Gold

At least that one is a known loco if slightly bizarre - LNER Y10

The first loco looks like someone stuck the back of a steam loco onto the front and chassis from an Electric unit?

Andy B)

I seem to remember seeing something like the bogie steam loco in Continental Modeller in the past (An African layout IIRC).

in the meantime, another optimist -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KIRK-OO-GAUGE-8842-PLASTIC-LNER-FULL-BRAKE-COACH-KIT-MT-/220826835766?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item336a4e1b36

Apparently it's powered by 12V DC ???

Coopercraft list this at £13.50 on their website! :mellow: