RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

4 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

They already have the rights to the James Bond 007 franchise.

https://uk.scalextric.com/products/micro-scalextric-james-bond-set-no-time-die-g1161m

https://uk.corgi.co.uk/products/james-bond-aston-martin-db5-no-time-die-cc04314

Whether they still have a usable Class 20 is probably the bigger problem, I don't think they've made one for quite a long time.

On the topic of James Bond, LEGO recently released a set of the famous Aston Martin DB5 under their Speed Champions range. The set comes with 10 pairs of numberplates and a Daniel Craig James Bond minifigure!

This is the second James Bond LEGO set that has been produced: the first being 10262 James Bond Aston Martin DB5 in their Creator: Expert range. Both sets were released on August 1st of this year.

• Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

They already have the rights to the James Bond 007 franchise.

https://uk.scalextric.com/products/micro-scalextric-james-bond-set-no-time-die-g1161m

https://uk.corgi.co.uk/products/james-bond-aston-martin-db5-no-time-die-cc04314

Whether they still have a usable Class 20 is probably the bigger problem, I don't think they've made one for quite a long time.

Jason

R3912/R3913 (if I've copied that correctly) were GBRF 20s, both released over the last couple of years.

• Like 4

What is it with Go$tude and his insistence that everything he sells is “kit built” … 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363930926665?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=dUl0TI1oQ1m&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=e--l92_9TXi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Would eBay take action if we all started reporting him for “deliberately inaccurate descriptions”?

I’m game to report on one of his items every day between now and Xmas … anybody else fancy a bit of “Go$tude trolling” for fun? Maybe - just maybe - he might start taking more care with his descriptions?!

HOURS OF FUN!*

* In case anyone wonders, I’ve stolen that catchphrase from Bilco over on the Gn15 Forum (the Gnatterbox) as I thought it perfectly describes our hobby both literally and ironically!

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

He probably uses the phrase as lazy shorthand to describe a model that has been mildly detailed and is not as it left the manufacturer. I think it may include mere inept weathering...

Its still inexcusable, and may mislead the novice, but I'd consider it a minor rather than a major inaccuracy compared with some of the fact-stretchers we see on eBay!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, SteveyDee68 said:

What is it with Go$tude and his insistence that everything he sells is “kit built” … 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363930926665?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=dUl0TI1oQ1m&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=e--l92_9TXi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Would eBay take action if we all started reporting him for “deliberately inaccurate descriptions”?

I’m game to report on one of his items every day between now and Xmas … anybody else fancy a bit of “Go$tude trolling” for fun? Maybe - just maybe - he might start taking more care with his descriptions?!

HOURS OF FUN!*

* In case anyone wonders, I’ve stolen that catchphrase from Bilco over on the Gn15 Forum (the Gnatterbox) as I thought it perfectly describes our hobby both literally and ironically!

I would but eBay's limited choice of reasons is putting me off as It doesn't let you put your own description of what's wrong.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Well, is it a diesel or electric?

Mike.

Or there's a cardboard box for £30 from the same seller if you decide to buy the aforementioned diesel/electric loco to store it in😀

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354272568929?hash=item527c4a6661:g:KXQAAOSwQ0xiTznu

• Informative/Useful 4
  • Funny 1

4 hours ago, Rowsley17D said:

I would but eBay's limited choice of reasons is putting me off as It doesn't let you put your own description of what's wrong.

I've had a similar experience and wondered if it was eBay's way of making a hat tip to being on the ball but letting an awful lot slide so it doesn't eat into their profits too much.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

My eBay madness is nothing to do with listings..

Due to problems with deliveries to home I usually use the collect option for online purchases. However in this case the seller omitted to initiate the tracking properly and the item vanished into nowhere. Today I visited the shop and was told that unless I had the pickup code they could not let me have it.

After an internet search I actually located we wil call you option on the eBay site and they did ring me back within the stated 2 minutes. The agent understood the problem but did not have the authority to rectify it.  It has now been passed to a special team and I have been told should be resolved within 24 hours.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Rowsley17D said:

Two options really, both under listing practices/search and browse manipulation - either keyword spamming or misleading title.

However, I must have reported dozens of them with no apparent effect :(

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

4 hours ago, MyRule1 said:

My eBay madness is nothing to do with listings..

Due to problems with deliveries to home I usually use the collect option for online purchases. However in this case the seller omitted to initiate the tracking properly and the item vanished into nowhere. Today I visited the shop and was told that unless I had the pickup code they could not let me have it.

After an internet search I actually located we wil call you option on the eBay site and they did ring me back within the stated 2 minutes. The agent understood the problem but did not have the authority to rectify it.  It has now been passed to a special team and I have been told should be resolved within 24 hours.

I feel for you having been there myself! Had this issue a number of times, but each time the drop off point (ARGOS) were able to sort it with eBay for me.

Mind you, each time I got told off by the eBay rep as if it was my error that had caused the issue! How about phoning up the seller and bending their ear for not correctly following the procedure!

HOURS OF FUN!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, 40152 said:

Making an unwelcome return is this poor wee overpriced specimen:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275476026816?

After not selling at this price previously, let’s see if poor running (looking at the pic I wonder why?) and a missing coupling rod have suddenly become desirable qualities 🙄

It makes an old Triang 08 look desirable. Even this early one  with the bendy cellulose acetate body looks better!

Ok, I know they're different scales, but....

Edited by Hroth
More, more!! And a minor correction!!!
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I picked up one of those old tooling Farish 08's, hardly used mint and boxed for £40 at the weekend!

I am guessing I may have saved it from the ebay scalpers...

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

13 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

I feel for you having been there myself! Had this issue a number of times, but each time the drop off point (ARGOS) were able to sort it with eBay for me.

Mind you, each time I got told off by the eBay rep as if it was my error that had caused the issue! How about phoning up the seller and bending their ear for not correctly following the procedure!

HOURS OF FUN!

As a sender, I usually add an extra label (in larger print) with the pick-up code if requested to send to a collect point. Easy to miss on the eBay generated Postal Label, plus send the details to buyer.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium