EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, TimberValleyRailway said:

Well this is... Odd. And what's odder? The fact I searched up Bird's custard! (In fact I searched up Bird's custard railwayana)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114272261154

Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole!

Please note the pack will come in a postal friendly vacuum packed, clear bag (not in original 'Birds' packaging).

This allows us to save you a fortune on Postage costs.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Obviously someone who was taught to read and write in the 1990s. "We don't correct spelling as long as the pupil is getting his message across".

Indeed. These idiots were responsible for a trend that would have had us grunting at one another inside fifty years because no one was being taught the rules of language. It has to be said I don't see much improvement today. Common horrors like "would of" and "undoubtably" make my skin crawl...and don't get me started on misplaced apostrophes!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Swissrail said:

Indeed. These idiots were responsible for a trend that would have had us grunting at one another inside fifty years because no one was being taught the rules of language. It has to be said I don't see much improvement today. Common horrors like "would of" and "undoubtably" make my skin crawl...and don't get me started on misplaced apostrophes!

and those who use sat instead of sitting. And as for those ask, "Can I get a coffee/tea/coke etc?" No, I'll get it for you.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, kevinlms said:

Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole!

Please note the pack will come in a postal friendly vacuum packed, clear bag (not in original 'Birds' packaging).

This allows us to save you a fortune on Postage costs.

When you start getting a series of packets of white powder through the post, you can expect a visit from Mr Plod.

Lots of fun when thre results come back from the forensic lab though!

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

1 hour ago, Michael Hodgson said:

When you start getting a series of packets of white powder through the post, you can expect a visit from Mr Plod.

Lots of fun when thre results come back from the forensic lab though!

Transpires, it's not custard powder!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Swissrail said:

Surely you mean apostrophe's  :)

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 3

56 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

No, those were the Epistles.

Oh yes, Pauls epistles to his mum...

(Dear Mum, I enclose this weeks laundry, thanks for the apple pie. I got some custard off ebay to go with it...)

Edited by Hroth
ahem....
  • Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 5

30 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Oh yes, Pauls epistles to his mum...

(Dear Mum, I enclose this weeks laundry, thanks for the apple pie. I got some custard off ebay to go with it...)

Avec ebay custardo? That's quite a Last Supper!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

20 hours ago, TimberValleyRailway said:

Well this is... Odd. And what's odder? The fact I searched up Bird's custard! (In fact I searched up Bird's custard railwayana)

My god, they sell abroad to  presumably ex-pats with free shipping! 😲 I'm not a big fan of custard, but if I was i'm not sure i'd want it with the embedded fingerprints of various customs officials in it. Is it even legal to send re-sealed food abroad?

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 06/04/2023 at 10:49, TimberValleyRailway said:

Please note the pack will come in a postal friendly vacuum packed, clear bag (not in original 'Birds' packaging).

Is it just me, or did anyone else immediately start replaying in their head Peter Kay’s anecdote about going on family holidays abroad and his father packing tea, coffee, sugar and coffee mate in small, clear, plastic bags in his suitcase…

Customs official searching case:

”Señor, what are these little bags of white powder?”

Dad:

“Coffeemate”

Customs official:

”Coffee is not white, and I am not your f***ing mate!”

🤣

Edited by SteveyDee68
Sentence structure … people are known to take notice!
  • Like 1
  • Funny 9

7 hours ago, PieGuyRob said:

White powder in the post. What could possinly go wrong!

The arrival will be seen on a "Police Interceptors" programme coming to a television near you soon?

• Funny 5