EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I thought it was a nice touch not to assemble the entire model, but to leave ths chassis uncovered to enable fault-finding straight from the box!

That is how Proto 2000 locos were supplied before Walthers took them over. 

You had to extract the body and fit it to the chassis yourself.  Problem is when someone resells an old Proto 2000 model, the often just shove the entire loco in the top compartment and it spends its journey through the Royal Mail banging back and forth so you often wind up with a box full of broken bits at the other end.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Anybody watching the BBC News channel today may had spotted the story about a model railway auction in Cockermouth. Here is the full video, I wonder how many of the items will start to appear on Ebay in the coming weeks..

• Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

Seen on another thread:

"Hi folks. I'm building a 3d computer model of a 6 ton crane and wondered if anyone could help with a quick question. As I understand it, the pictured mechanism was to stop the crane slewing from side to side while in motion but does anyone know if this mechanism had a specific name."

I must admit to an uncontrollable urge to Google famous people called Crane! Not so much 'ebay madness' as 'Paul madness'!?

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Seen on another thread:

"Hi folks. I'm building a 3d computer model of a 6 ton crane and wondered if anyone could help with a quick question. As I understand it, the pictured mechanism was to stop the crane slewing from side to side while in motion but does anyone know if this mechanism had a specific name."

I must admit to an uncontrollable urge to Google famous people called Crane! Not so much 'ebay madness' as 'Paul madness'!?

Andy Crane used to present CBBC from the broom cupboard circa the early 90's. Can't think of any other famous Cranes......

5 hours ago, 2E Sub Shed said:

Amusing statement of condition in listing title, rather than madness

eBay Item

Had my photo taken with the real one at Cadbury world in the early 90's.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Turntable lock or slew lock.

Back to (not very good) business, we love this kind of thing:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175575952488?

Who wants to be first to plug it in?

Might as well stick your fingers straight in the socket!

Mike.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 2

6 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Stupid money for something that is not only useless but potentially deadly!

Edited by Swissrail
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

7 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Doesn't even bother with the obligatory " get it tested by a qualified electrician" warning. EBay should update their feedback for these sort of sellers ,to include a 4th section  eg., 99.9% positive, 4343 positive, 3 neutral, 1 negative, 1 Earthed😂 . I've always thought there should be a good living for someone qualified to update these on eBay as they are rather a simple electrical item and really it's just a case of replacing a few capacitors etc and putting in a failsafe, but maybe they make enough money as it is

Edited by Sjcm
  • Like 4