EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

Looking for soccer figures to go on a birthday cake for footy fan grandson I came across this - very reasonable at first glance - then I saw 'lead' - definitely not child-friendly, especially on a cake, then I looked a bit closer at the picture. Clearly American football, not soccer, but the final shocker was the postage - from the US

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325820802919?hash=item4bdc6ee767:g:I0QAAOSwXWhkqEer&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA0C%2BMYzJThqtmKSlzan5HVOGrkArVcA0iG2rS2Cl7ROb0iG4OxUEOCTtrWBxfardON5OlX3vsZ6LEUzwB2vYlSGR3NxbfuECiEvOn1uOxr2oCYWLHCEcH0A2MXlb%2BR5XyV7yiaMZtg57yRs%2FYnt8rkgcp1feL0ajb0aFp1xwLlfhU%2FRg5dZ3av4QlKe5wpnArmGcthqAzv5IU3wEInsW7jChqxMtx%2Fdg813%2Be1tRCFYF0SMBTvxxNQAmp1L1bci4AleWru1ekEAXrrgQKRNTugcg%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR-7a46faYg

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155792435919?epid=1342900495&hash=item2445f3eacf:g:q40AAOSwoaNeTR2U&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA0OVHcDZJJENK1uwoNWkX0sPySbQMWELYhXpCRnMzOwOa9b34We3BD%2BFyCnaxkZUHEywgCeT7RCbROuEXVUd6WyQVYfXf6uM0q4ZVNiGkGrZobOznDNMONriu%2BpgSCK6MC3MzxybbpFywlrOTe4Y4I5x815Jurl%2BN1rSYtlyEjrQ3zqJHg6%2Fe%2B6iIhcDOgMpoeKCqLKIP%2BrSpsFNyoE%2F7z1LtafddjfoOOEnrOS2%2FA94Gnd8oi62Rt7Nme6SxkyxcIKZgChBvimaeU8VtjljLq2U%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR-yU3qzaYg

I teach navigation and we have to use 2B pencils which are softer than the standard HB pencils otherwise they will wreck the chart,

This guy is taking the mickey, £1k for a pack of 2b pencils! which normally is about 5-6 quid, and the same for a pack of 2 oxford erasers, he's been reported as that is taking the 

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, phil_sutters said:

Looking for soccer figures to go on a birthday cake for footy fan grandson I came across this - very reasonable at first glance - then I saw 'lead' - definitely not child-friendly, especially on a cake, then I looked a bit closer at the picture. Clearly American football, not soccer, but the final shocker was the postage - from the US

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325820802919?hash=item4bdc6ee767:g:I0QAAOSwXWhkqEer&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA0C%2BMYzJThqtmKSlzan5HVOGrkArVcA0iG2rS2Cl7ROb0iG4OxUEOCTtrWBxfardON5OlX3vsZ6LEUzwB2vYlSGR3NxbfuECiEvOn1uOxr2oCYWLHCEcH0A2MXlb%2BR5XyV7yiaMZtg57yRs%2FYnt8rkgcp1feL0ajb0aFp1xwLlfhU%2FRg5dZ3av4QlKe5wpnArmGcthqAzv5IU3wEInsW7jChqxMtx%2Fdg813%2Be1tRCFYF0SMBTvxxNQAmp1L1bci4AleWru1ekEAXrrgQKRNTugcg%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR-7a46faYg

Look for Subbuteo, most of the figures are 1/76 but some are 1/43. Just look for Subbuteo on E-bay and if he has a favourite team add the team name to the search.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, vikingsmb said:

I teach navigation and we have to use 2B pencils which are softer than the standard HB pencils otherwise they will wreck the chart,

This guy is taking the mickey, £1k for a pack of 2b pencils! which normally is about 5-6 quid, and the same for a pack of 2 oxford erasers, he's been reported as that is taking the 

I think that he is just trying to attract attention to his sales pages, we have all looked now haven't we? But he does seem to have a thing about writing implements. There are several other sets of pens and pencils with similar prices, but other types of item seem much nearer to reality pricewise.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, phil_sutters said:

I think that he is just trying to attract attention to his sales pages, we have all looked now haven't we? But he does seem to have a thing about writing implements. There are several other sets of pens and pencils with similar prices, but other types of item seem much nearer to reality pricewise.

Free listings placeholders.

Cheers

Darius

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, cessna152towser said:

A different "Wolf of Badenoch"

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255022413208

The same seller also has a few more unusual liveries.

I have to admire the optimism as to their value.😄

If my eyes don’t deceive me, someone’s glazed the cab openings but not the spectacle windows.  

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 5

17 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Always a worry when the nameplate is almost as big as the loco!

You can almost imagine an aggrieved Princess Coronation coming up behind it and tapping the 3F on the shoulder....

OI!

Edited by Hroth
emphasis...
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 3

3 hours ago, Hroth said:

Always a worry when the nameplate is almost as big as the loco!

You can almost imagine an aggrieved Princess Coronation coming up behind it and tapping the 3F on the shoulder....

OI!

Perhaps the other loco for sale should have been called Wolf of Nearenough?

• Funny 6

12 minutes ago, Sjcm said:

I've only seen one of these on Facebook before and they were asking insane money. Could get competitive.. *opens popcorn*

Pimp my TT

TT3 to be precise! 🤪

Too much work as far as I'm concerned, but if I were to enter the fray the bodies would promptly dunked in a suitable paintstripper, followed perhaps by a repaint and new transfers...

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Sjcm said:

Oof! Somewhere on the deepweb, the TT Collectors Association are handing over your details to an Albanian hitman😎

I'd have thought that the TTCA would be looking for the vendor of the metallic-painted monstrosities!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1