EBay madness

Marcyg

On 22/01/2024 at 21:23, JCL said:

I was looking for photos of my local station when I saw these gems

I have for you here a pile-o-dirt photo as regularly used by children

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235260990446

And also available , mound-o-soil

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234161411328

I have spent my working life around spoil heaps and similar things.  Must have thousands of such pictures.  At £2 a go, could retire easily!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

Such wagons are £5-£10 each at exhibitions, usually the higher end, so he's not being too greedy if it's a missed decimal point. 

Hopefully he'll notice eventually.

• Like 2

Just now, MrWolf said:

Looks more like a sheep wagon. 

I thought sheep wagons had higher sides to stop the silly bu@@ers finding the new way to commit suicide?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

36 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I thought sheep wagons had higher sides to stop the silly bu@@ers finding the new way to commit suicide?

Quite possibly, but I've only seen Victorian drawings of such things, with drovers crammed in as well. 

For horses I was thinking more like the cattle truck without a roof type of vehicle, as used by the military, plus of course horses tend to be less suicidal than sheep.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, eastglosmog said:

Assuming (and that may be a rather optimistic assumption) that it really is 00 gauge, then it looks more like a Talyllyn slate wagon in 7mm/ft.

It certainly has the look of a slate wagon, I'd say that is a good bet.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Sjcm said:

I suppose you could use the chassis, but.....how do you accidentally melt a loco to this extent? Housefire? Store in a greenhouse? 

Gas mark 7 for 2 hours

Early Triang locos and rolling stock tend to look like that, but in their case its due to the rubbish plastic used back then...

• Agree 4

4 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Early Triang locos and rolling stock tend to look like that, but in their case its due to the rubbish plastic used back then...

Even then, I don’t think Acetate Triang locos warped that bad!

Well… Maybe except the original 1950 Rovex Princess, with roller pickups & acetate chassis (not to be confused with the ‘51 Princess, with the sheet metal chassis and plunger pickups).

• Agree 5

6 hours ago, Sjcm said:

I suppose you could use the chassis, but.....how do you accidentally melt a loco to this extent? Housefire? Store in a greenhouse? 

Gas mark 7 for 2 hours

I'd guess it's been left in that clear plastic box on a sunny windowsill for quite a while.

• Like 4