Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

Yes in short, a friend has been caught out by this trick, looked at the listing on Gallery view, saw with a few mins to go it was dirt cheap for what was in the picture, then bid without reading the whole thing through and then realised after. The seller has issued a non payment thing as the bid was binding but he has never had a ding on his record so far so can take the points on his ebay licence, wonder how many do actually pay though once they have been caught out, if indeed these people were caught out in this instance.

Could this be a case of bidding without actually reading the whole listing? If not then I am puzzled!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380560004156?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

• RMweb Gold

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LIMA-ROYAL-MAIL-TPO-GUV-NDX-FULL-PARCEL-BRAKE-COACH-SET-93849-92244-x-2-mv-/360571328938?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item53f3b9d9aa

And not too be out done by Micmcn, our other contender for "lets see what the f**k I can get for old trains" Mr Gostude just keeps em coming, where does he find these rare treasures ?????

"A great item for your collection"...... I'll be the judge of that thank you! ^_^

LOL.....it always puts a grin on my face to see Micmcn making the headlines! :)  One question though,how come he has a 100% feedback?

Whilst they are both highly adept when it comes to taking the proverbial with item descriptions, I still think Micmcn is a bit behind Gostude, what with the latter's 'kit built' Baccy 37s and locos that manage to be both mint and hand-weathered at the same time etc.

"A great item for your collection"...... I'll be the judge of that thank you! ^_^

Aye, I find that almost as grating as Micmcn's "You are buying" spiel. Unless Satan's taken his snowboard into work, you can pretty much guarantee that no, I ain't buying!

Surely thats being quite deceitful...? How could those empty boxes be suitable for a model railway...?

Since the likelyhood of someone having just that combination of unboxed models needing boxes seems quite low, perhaps the buyer thinks they can strike gold by selling them on individually. Keep a look out  :boast: 

Keith

• RMweb Premium

One could ask the question:

"What happened to the chassis for each one?" - To be listed separately?

Keith

One could ask the question:

"What happened to the chassis for each one?" - To be listed separately?

Keith

AND.....they're "as new", surely when they were new they had the chassis attached? So no they aren't as new. Item not as described.

Edited by carl1962

• RMweb Gold

and our friend from Cartmel has another bargain, "in near mint condition"/mib.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-RAILWAYS-R-068-BR-TYPE-2-CLASS-25-BO-BO-DIESEL-LOCO-VN-MIB-/271090405790?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3f1e3f519e

only seventy quid plus postage......how much is a new Bachmann 25 from Hattons?

I'd have gone for it but there's a coupling hook missing :no:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

£12 is the correct price - but for a pack of 3: http://www.ehattons.com/32242/Hornby_R6482_Open_Wagons_in_T_Threadgold_blue_D_R_Llewellyn_red_and_LMS_Loco_Coal_grey_liveri/StockDetail.aspx

But if they're "brand new" why aren't they in a box?

And who'd want this c*@p anyway, even free?

The 'tude, it seems, does at least do his homework and is selling a Comet 14XX chassis kit for the same price it would cost from Comet direct (incl. P&P). I guess he must think the 21 nectar points you can get from Ebay will be enough to persuade people to send their money his way rather than Comet's way. Sadly, in a lot of cases, he's probably right.