EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

Not UK, but ...

This is a reasonable starting price (and I know it's 'used'). Originally, they went for $20-$25, and most people who really wanted one got one a long time ago: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATLAS-HO-TRAIN-ACF-3-BAY-KATY-MKT-MISSOURI-KANSAS-TEXAS-COV-HOPPER-CAR-/150990455866?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item2327bb843a

Now look at this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HO-Atlas-3-Bay-Cylindrical-Hopper-MKT-KATY-RED-1006-/230923108434?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item35c4170052

The interesting thing is that this same item has been continuously listed (7-day auctions) for at least 18 months! And many others have been sold in that time. You'd think they might take the hint.

Yeah, but Victor Melendy has lost the plot in recent years. I think he got a rap from a leading supplier about discounts on ebay some time back and since then his prices have been of no interest to me - or many others, apparently!

• RMweb Premium

Because there are two widows at the 'front' for the 'driver' to look through, it's obvious really.

Pete

Hah, except just to be different and annoy the GWR fans, I'd run it backwards!
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

One thing that totally gets my goat (polite version) is the ebayer who enters multiple items in completely the wrong section. Thus when I'm looking in Dapol OO gauge I do not expect to find lots of this stuff. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Atlas-n-gauge-rolling-stock-NEW-/350708493410?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item51a7daec62 If this clown posts items in other scales, you need to beware of his terminal incompetence!

It's so well done you can see the late BR logo poking through!

Keith

Ah, but as an early 'verion' I see that it has been 'preversed' :diablo_mini:   although this practice died out years ago here close to the Dogger Bank....... :jester:

One thing that totally gets my goat (polite version) is the ebayer who enters multiple items in completely the wrong section. Thus when I'm looking in Dapol OO gauge I do not expect to find lots of this stuff. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Atlas-n-gauge-rolling-stock-NEW-/350708493410?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item51a7daec62 If this clown posts items in other scales, you need to beware of his terminal incompetence!

One man's incompetence could be another man's bargain.................

Not that i'll be bidding.

Whatever I search for, I usually get loads of card Container kits, yeah you too eh? so now Ive resorted to searching with a minimum price of £1 so i dont get all of the 99p containers.  :nono: 

• Like 1

Whatever I search for, I usually get loads of card Container kits, yeah you too eh? so now Ive resorted to searching with a minimum price of £1 so i dont get all of the 99p containers.  :nono: 

Know that feeling! I think ALL of my saved searches now feature "-container" in the search bar. Doesn't get rid of all of them, but does improve matters.

• Like 1

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  Oh for the days of trunnions, bent and flat, and the flanged sector plate - all in red and green...ooops giving my age away..

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

So I asked the seller why he was advertising N gauge items under OO locomotives - and this was his response!

"Sorry I do not like the way your question is phrased ,I think I need to forward this to customer support.

eBay set the standard of sales not me!" You really can't help some people!

So I've pointed out his error again - perhaps I'll be banned!

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

So I asked the seller why he was advertising N gauge items under OO locomotives - and this was his response!

"Sorry I do not like the way your question is phrased ,I think I need to forward this to customer support.

eBay set the standard of sales not me!"

So much for customer service!

eBay set the standard of sales not me!" You really can't help some people!

So I've pointed out his error again - perhaps I'll be banned!

I once asked Hardjeff (current name escapes me!) to confirm whether one of his models was 'detailed and weathered' or 'as new in box', as the listing stated both - got a reply saying "It's both, hope this helps"... Funnily enough, it didn't!  :beee:

Edited by 37255