EBay madness

Marcyg

20 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Atlas Editions...TT sized.

I seem to remember it was the first in the series, and could be had for £1.99, with a few other things thrown in...

Then, when you got it, you could have it for free if you subscribed...

The brighter customer cancelled as soon as the second arrived, and had the best deal.....;)

Edited by Ruffnut Thorston
Typo
  • Funny 3

21 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Some people do that. I have met people whose homes are packed to the rafters with commemorative tat and instant collectables. 

For some strange reason it always reminds me of those American documentaries about serial killers...:blink:

"Trophy bits"? :O Beware collectors of strange objects! ;)

• Funny 1

16 minutes ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

Atlas Editions...TT sized.

I seem to remember it was the first in the series, and could be had for £1.99, with a few other things thrown in...

Then, when you got it, you could have it for free if you subscribed...

The brighter customer cancelled as soon as the second arrived, and had the best deal.....;)

Curiously, some of the Atlas Editions [AE] 'Trams of the World' can be motorised to quite good effect. I had a cheap AE Nord Crampton from a charity shop that I plan to have a play with sometime - odd narrow gauge potential?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Why does that sound like a class of Southern Region EMU??

Because it probably is...

7 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Okay, can we get back to finding overpriced rubbish on eBay?

Perhaps some RARE KIT BUILT old Triang suburbans held to a Lima American diesel chassis with wood screws and painted up as vaguely Southern region suburban electrics?

A sort of  2 C2AP ?

• Like 2

With the real SR units, some had no lavatories at all, 2-NOL...

Some had a lav. In only one coach, 2-HAL...and no corridor between coaches...

So, you had to be careful which coach you got onto, on a long trip! :o

2-HAP, coming from Bachmann?, are the Pneumatic brake version of the 2-NOL...still with only the coach with first class having a lav..... 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

2-HAP, coming from Bachmann?, are the Pneumatic brake version of the 2-NOL...still with only the coach with first class having a lav..... 

I recall travelling between Brighton and Burgess Hill about 6 years ago. All the toilets on the train were locked out of use (an extreme case of 2-NOL blues?). A poor chap was beyond desperate for a pee! He was seriously considering trying to pee out of a open top-light vent! In the end he pinned all his hopes on jumping off the train at Haywards Heath and finding an open 'Gents'. As I left the train at Bug's Hole, I never witnessed the conclusion of the drama!

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

The GER were great teases with their early lavatory equipped coaches - only the adjacent compartments had access.

14600-413.jpg.258a2b331748730246eb1c3fca7081eb.jpg

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

The GER were great teases with their early lavatory equipped coaches - only the adjacent compartments had access.

14600-413.jpg.258a2b331748730246eb1c3fca7081eb.jpg

Standard practice in the 1890s and for a good while after. Non-gangwayed carriages with a side corridor were a rarity - possibly LNER and constituents only?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Compound2632 said:

Standard practice in the 1890s and for a good while after. Non-gangwayed carriages with a side corridor were a rarity - possibly LNER and constituents only?

Certainly later GER bogie coaches had a side corridor allowing access to all.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Curiously, some of the Atlas Editions [AE] 'Trams of the World' can be motorised to quite good effect. I had a cheap AE Nord Crampton from a charity shop that I plan to have a play with sometime - odd narrow gauge potential?

I motorised several of the GBL partwork series too, just for the hell of it!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

I had a cheap AE Nord Crampton from a charity shop that I plan to have a play with sometime - odd narrow gauge potential?

I have one as well, I also have the old Ratio early Victorian carriages to go behind it.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Looks like someone tried to create an early GW brake without the verandah roof. 

Or just plain old fashioned broke it.

It's got that 'trodden on' look about it? If I had something like this, I would be ashamed to sell it in public (or private)!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

14 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

It's got that 'trodden on' look about it? If I had something like this, I would be ashamed to sell it in public (or private)!

Perhaps the bending is due to whatever it was restrained in whilst the verandaectomy took place.  And there's the removal of the couplings too...

Plus postage, you'd be laying out a minimum of a fiver on it.  Poor thing, it needs a Viking Funeral...

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Just as an aside: does anyone else see the fancy dress ads that pop up on the RMWEB home page? I guess if I ever feel the need to dress up like a kinky 'Robin Hood', I'll know where to go! ;)

The ads are targeted - so reflect what you have previously searched for.

So... did you BUY the kinky Robin Hood outfit last week?

Edited by Bucoops
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 6

55 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

The ads are targeted - so reflect what you have previously searched for.

So... did you BUY the kinky Robin Hood outfit last week?

No, I'm afraid not. Seems I've not got 'the legs'!? Very odd - 'dressing up' is not one of my 'things'. Some nice loco ads would be much more up my street! ;)

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1