Norfolk Southern Heritage Locomotives

Pete Piszczek

• RMweb Gold

My other half has the Roanoke live webcam on the living room PC when ever it is switch on. She is a big fan of NS .

WIth all these new liveries, she is keen for me to buy the Fox valley models of these heritage locos - looks like I am going to have to do a NS layout at some point and also pay a visit to the ohtle at Raonoke!!

Ian

Roanoke is always worth a visit - just to see the GG-1 and the vast electric Virginian locomotive there at the Museum. Apart from railroad stuff there are other collections like Taxi's. When I was there I sat in an old NW caboose and just watched the NS trains go by...

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Pete

She will like the GG1. We did seeone sitting under the Amtrak station roof at Harrisburg some years ago when we were on the now defunct Three Rivers Amtrak service. maybe next years trip across the pond as this year its back to the West Coast.

Ian

It's just for fun and I'll invite the UK modellers to take a look too - they are always moaning about the lack of diesels in the UK!

My favourite so far, just, is the (old) Norfolk Southern. Some others that I didn't like so much are growing on me though....

Best, Pete.

All the Heritage engines will be at the North Carolina Transportation Museum in Spencer, North Carolina on July 3rd and 4th. NS has said this may be the only time they're all together in one place.

The NCTM has kindly offered to allow the historical society for each engine to set up a table in the roundhouse...as a trustee of the Penn Central RRHS I'm planning to be there. Might even take a photo or two...

By the way, the NCTM facility was the Southern Rwy's Spencer Shops. Southern or NS (forget which) gave the site to the State of North Carolina...and the state has done a bang up job turning it into an excellent museum. Not quite up to the standards of York, but still pretty darn good...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived