Norfolk Southern Heritage Locomotives

Pete Piszczek

now please let's have some going through the North East, please........

I suspect if there is a downside to this, it's that all the loco's being painted are new AC units which I guess are more likely to be stuck on coal trains in the eastern mountains, and less likely to turn up in the North East, or Midwest...

• RMweb Premium

They seem to be putting in the effort to make sure that the special loco is at the front. :good:

post-6821-0-75602900-1335909346.jpg

Doh!

As Martyn said, this one seems to be stuck on coal trains.

NS1065 is the first of the EMD SD70ACEs to be released in Savannah & Atlanta, 'factory painted'.

The Heritage Loco's Facebook page reckons 1066 will be NYC and 1067 will be Reading...

First pic: http://www.railpictures.net/photo/397325/

The rumour is the addition of the Monongahela unit will involve repainting an ES44AC that's already been painted in normal NS paint!

• RMweb Premium

Was a lucky catch, first saw it at Davy, WV. I was taking shots of the Top Gons as they went past, Pete shouted about the pushers, I turned around and lo and behold NS 8099! The photo was the second sighting, almost missed it as we were sat in the car and only heard the locos as they came round the corner and blew for the crossing. I just wish the IT unit had been out and about...

Chris

Archived