Amiens Street Terminus - Irish City Terminus - OO in the Loft

McC

• RMweb Gold

More track??!?!?! Where?!!!

Last video I saw there was barely room for the track, let alone scenery :):)

I think I prefer shunting a little more than he does :)

Cheers for the support ! :)

• RMweb Gold

Fighting with the soldering iron a lot today - am really rusty :)

Hoping by tomorrow I can manage to finish the droppers in this section and drill all the holes for motors, and get the track glued down.... (maybe a tall order for one day!)

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Andy - willdo !

The track plan evolved over about two years of fiddling and much advice, including in the track planning section here... I was aiming for 'feeling' like Connolly in Dublin while offer loads of operational fun :) (I hope I can deliver on it)

Still, despite the good start, I reckon there's years of work here :)

• RMweb Gold

I’m about half way through all the droppers for boards 1 and 2 and the point adjustments and pre-drilling for cobalts…..

At least my soldering is improving slightly with practice!

IMG_3117-764x1024.jpg

• RMweb Gold

The iron was 9.99 at Atlantic Homecare :)

The flux and solder I got on ebay as was having trouble finding suitable 'electronic' type solder locally...

• RMweb Gold

Making slow progress with the soldering - am hoping by the middle of next week to have these two boards fully glued down with all the droppers in place, all the points adjusted and 'tweaked' for full eletro-running and the holes all pre-drilled for the cobalts...

Should by then have a functional DCC bus to actually run a few test locos on :)

• RMweb Gold

Still probably another days work on boards 1 and 2 just for the power droppers.

Then on to the frogs and motors.

Once I have all the power droppers in I should be able to do some limited testing with a loco.,.

20120316-150031.jpg

• RMweb Gold

And of course I've just realised looking at the photo that I meant to split one of the she sidings off into a DPDT to have a programming track! D'oh! And it would be one I actually soldered :) Out with the iron tomorrow :)

• RMweb Gold

It’ aliiive!

IMG_3147-1024x764.jpg

IMG_3151-1024x764.jpg

IMG_3153-1024x764.jpg

IMG_3152-1024x764.jpg

It might not look much, but those lit LED’s are very exciting icon_smile.gif

Here are two videos I took to prove it’s now actually live! icon_smile.gif

8208 Takes a spin…

And Veissmann’s new P&T Tamper tries to tamp imaginary ballast icon_smile.gif

• RMweb Gold

To get a little break from wiring, finding shorts and to also try and resist the temptation to ‘play trains’ on the terminus section, I decided to ‘mock up’ the track on boards 3 and 4.

On this side (from rear to front) there will be three Coach sidings / train storage, a 2 road ballast bank / per way storage siding, a three road freight terminus as well as a small depot.

IMG_3164-1024x764.jpg

IMG_3165-764x1024.jpg

IMG_3161-1024x764.jpg

IMG_3158-1024x764.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Indeed :)

I've a few boxes of Cobalt Digital motors on order :)

The tamper is my new favourite I have to admit. All those flashing lights, sound -and- it pretends to tamp! Is a really amazing model and a glimpse into the detail and electronics that can be achieved these days! :)

• RMweb Gold

The 'going' has been a little slow the last week or so, been paying around more with the yard layouts as feel they are a little cluttered...

IMG_3200-1024x764.jpg

Probably too much clutter above….

IMG_3199-1024x764.jpg

Carriage sidings…

IMG_3198-1024x764.jpg

The centre three roads are the freight sidings….

IMG_3197-1024x764.jpg

Looking back into the depot (the two lines on the right are the mainline)

IMG_3196-1024x764.jpg

Behind the depot, a small row of Georgian terraces and a derelict factory icon_smile.gif

IMG_3195-1024x764.jpg

Peco depot shed anyone?

IMG_3194-1024x764.jpg

Looking across the freight sidings towards the carriage sheds..

IMG_3193-1024x764.jpg

IMG_3192-1024x764.jpg

Slightly aerial view icon_smile.gif

IMG_3191-1024x764.jpg

Ignore the rolling stock icon_smile.gif

IMG_3188-1024x764.jpg

The reason for a TGV, Gordon, James and Virgin mk3′s sharing the layout icon_smile.gif

• RMweb Gold

Screen-Shot-2012-04-02-at-12.15.14-1024x344.png

After seeing everything down, the yard area of the terminus is being tweaked slightly.

The Ballast area has been lengthened to 4.5 feet with two small sidings for tampers / per way equipment to stable. The long siding can then be used for ballast hoppers / autoballasters to be filled by digger.

The depot has also been ‘rationalised’ with a simplified track plan, single road running shed and washplant added anda depot crane added to the bottom siding.

The changes mean a ‘proper’ looking 12-15cm gap between the depot lines and the mainline at bottom…

Hi McC.

Just seen a comment you left on my Portland Grove thread. Thanks and glad you like it.

I clicked on your loft layout link in your signature and lo and behold I see this layout. I was sure I had seen it recently somewhere and it wasn´t until I clicked on the Tamper video on You Tube that I realised that you are the McCarronFamily and I´m subscribed to you!

Thought I´d been dreaming of railways in my sleep for a moment.

Fantastic plan and a nice clean environment in which to build it in.

I like the mix and match of Irish, British and European stock. A man after my own heart.

Keep up the good work. I´m now subscribed to this thread.

Archived