Arnington

Hi Arnie,

Great set of pics, I really like the Dutch Cromptons. 37798  looks nice too, it was one of the first painted into the Mainline liv I remember seeing it at Eastleigh when it was Ex works.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

Hi Arnie,

Great set of pics, I really like the Dutch Cromptons. 37798  looks nice too, it was one of the first painted into the Mainline liv I remember seeing it at Eastleigh when it was Ex works.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Thanks, yeah i really miss seeing and hearing Cromptons making a racket passing behind my house and also being woken in the middle of the night by 37's and 47's on full boar!! Tired of endless 66's nowadays :(

Cheers

Arnie

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Evening All,

I have been busy building a Motorway flyover on the layout i will post some pics once it is a little more complete. Heres a pic of Arnash i took this afternoon, i will be also put some vids up soon once they upload to youtube.

Cheers,

Arnie

post-1198-0-24223900-1362425349_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arnington
  • Like 4

Good to see a Transrail 37 Arnie, pretty sure 683 works at Redbrook too.

I look forward to seeing the bridge and videos later.

Cheers,

Scott

Thanks Scott, i'm sure 683 was actually on a working to Redbrook when i took the shot :)

I can't seem to get the videos to show up in the topic at the moment?? I will give it another go later.

Cheers

Arnie

Edited by Arnington

What a great layout, I think it's the first time I've come across it.

Can you tell me why 47706 (scotrail) has the three colours in the cab side above the numbers?

Your new 47 NSE looks good! I've always liked the livery, well to be honest, of all the english liveries it's the only one I would consider if I done a layout south of the border. All the rest just don't stand out.

Mark

• Like 1

What a great layout, I think it's the first time I've come across it.

Can you tell me why 47706 (scotrail) has the three colours in the cab side above the numbers?

Your new 47 NSE looks good! I've always liked the livery, well to be honest, of all the english liveries it's the only one I would consider if I done a layout south of the border. All the rest just don't stand out.

Mark

Thanks Mark, the three colours are the Network Southeast logo/flash. NSE applied these once 706 came down south.

Hi rnie,

Love that Crompton line up. 33057 looks great, I would paint those black lamp brackets yellow though.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

I'll get the fitters straight on that once 057 goes in for it's next exam :)

Cheers

Arnie

• Like 1

Evening,

Still can't get the vids to show up! All i've done in the past has been to cut and paste the youtube link into the reply and it has apperared, strange? Anyway heres a pic which features resident 09013 about to pass under the new bridge. I'm hoping to get some bits to finish it from the Basingstoke show this weekend.

Cheers

Arnie

post-1198-0-82373500-1362509819_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Evening,

I have been having ago at weathering up my dutch 31 to replicate 31110 at the end of her life.....battered :) It's still a work in progess as i think a bit more oil staining on the body is needed looking at the pictures i've seen. Heres a pic of her.

Cheers

Arnie

post-1198-0-78154600-1362861080_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arnington
  • Like 5

Evening all,

Just thought i'd post a couple of pics, the first is 31110 which i've completed the weathering on now and i'm quite pleased with how its turned out. I've also nearly finished changing my dutch 37 into a Transrail machine in the form of 37170. The last pic is of oddball 37100 also in Transrail livery which has come out of storage.

Cheers

Arnie

post-1198-0-46028100-1363205325_thumb.jpg

post-1198-0-09524200-1363205358_thumb.jpg

post-1198-0-98256800-1363205396_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hi

Very impressive layout you have. Some superb weathering, especially liking the dutch 31 looks great. 

I'm building a small TMD layout which is set in the late nineties.

Regards

Neil

• Like 1

Hi

Very impressive layout you have. Some superb weathering, especially liking the dutch 31 looks great. 

I'm building a small TMD layout which is set in the late nineties.

Regards

Neil

Thanks Neil :) Look forward to seeing your layout on here.

Afternoon,

I'm off to Ally Pally tomorrow hopefully if i don't get snowed in :) Looking forward to grabbing a few bits to finally finish the top of the flyover i've built ie lights and fencing for the sides. Heres some more pics after a running session today,the first pic is of 31130 Calder Hall Power Station which i've been weathering up to replicate it's last months in service before withdrawal.

Cheers,

Arnie

post-1198-0-94662500-1364057414_thumb.jpg

post-1198-0-02555100-1364057512_thumb.jpg

post-1198-0-80839200-1364057785_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arnington
  • Like 6

Looking good Arnie, I like the way you've done the removed depot plaque.  I really must get a Transrail/dutch 37!  I've got a mainline 37 coming.

Have a good day tomorrow, go grab some bargains. Some of us have to work...

Cheers

Scott

• Like 1