Arnington

Looking good Arnie, I like the way you've done the removed depot plaque.  I really must get a Transrail/dutch 37!  I've got a mainline 37 coming.

Have a good day tomorrow, go grab some bargains. Some of us have to work...

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks mate :) Had a good trip to Ally Pally, bloody cold though! I did get a couple of bargins( a couple of locos) and a late Bday present plus some other bits. I'll post some pics later of the new arrivals.

Cheers

Arnie

• Like 1

Hi great layout ! Just my cup of tea

Very effective backscene, where did you get it from

Hi,

Thanks! The backscene is Id backscenes into the town pack C. They do quite a good selection of them and also Gaugemaster do some good ones also.

Cheers

Arnie

Edited by Arnington

Hi,

Thanks! The backscene is Id backscenes into the town pack C. They do quite a good selection of them and also Gaugemaster do some good ones also.

Cheers

Arnie

Thanks Arnie much appreciated.

Will have a look.

Regards Dave

• Like 1

Evening,

Here's the pics of some new arrivals that i picked up at Ally Pally yesterday(the 47 and the thumper) and i also came across a box in the attic with had some HEA's that i've been looking for :)

Cheers

Arnie

post-1198-0-04839900-1364243715_thumb.jpg

post-1198-0-63206500-1364243735_thumb.jpg

post-1198-0-69636600-1364243743_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Hi Arnie,

Some nice new locos you have, really like the Peds 110 looks very nice in tatty Dutch liv.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Thanks, yeah i had a look at the pictures of your weathered BR blue ped on your thread as inspiration for the oil stains on the side of the dutch 31 :) I thought you recreated them spot on.

Cheers

Arnie

• Like 1

Some nice new additions there Arnie, I was toying with the 47 when I saw the price drop.. I also like the thumper, it could almost be my guilty pleasure..

I got the 47 from the signal box stand for a very resonable £60, due to the box being a bit tatty but the loco is perfect! Just gotta figure out how to replicate those strange yellow sockets above the marker lights on the prototype though now. The thumper was also my guilty pleasure, it's a great model. I've just ordered a Legoman chip to go in it :)

Edited by Arnington
  • Like 1

Evening,

Here's the pics of some new arrivals that i picked up at Ally Pally yesterday(the 47 and the thumper) and i also came across a box in the attic with had some HEA's that i've been looking for :)

Cheers

Arnie

Can almost hear 227 about to erupt on that Coal job, used to be regulars on HEAs when 'Network Coal' services ran.

• Like 1

i really like the look of both the 47 and the thumper.i have never seen a model thumper in that livery before so is it a respray?

Yeah they are both very nice models. As Cromptonnut says the Thumper is a Kernow exclusive, i quite liked the Connex Livery but i don't think it was to popular with alot of folk?

Heres a few pics of the thumper on the rarely seen other side of the layout and also a pic of 47972 which ive added the sockets above the marker lights to. And a couple of other pics of some other workings also.

Cheers

Arnie

post-1198-0-47102100-1364492868_thumb.jpg

post-1198-0-64016000-1364492880_thumb.jpg

post-1198-0-75435800-1364492901_thumb.jpg

post-1198-0-20913000-1364492994_thumb.jpg

post-1198-0-33413100-1364493015_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arnington
  • Like 5

Evening,

Cheers

Arnie

I like the 47, something a bit different. Only 3 locos were painted in that livery I believe, the other two were a pair of 20's. Respray project?...

• Like 1

Heres a few pics of the thumper on the rarely seen other side of the layout and also a pic of 47972 which ive added the sockets above the marker lights to. And a couple of other pics of some other workings also.

Cheers

Arnie

Nice shot of 47018, I like the chipped paint around the windows. I remember seeing it on a speedlink at Tinsley yard one night and immediately behind it in the train was a deltic, 55015 Tulyar. That was 25 years ago! I've gone slightly faint...

Carl

• Like 1

I'm really taken with the Bachmann range of SR units but they wouldn't really suit my layout and that Connex one looks really good.

I too remember seeing that grey and red 47 at Crewe in 1992 (I think).

Some very nice looking stock you have there weathered up which is something that I should do but haven't the bottle.

Good stuff.

• Like 1

Evening Paul

Thumper looks really great, I just wish they would release a 3-car in NSE! Pics looking great but we should see more of the 'other side' mate.

Hi Ian,

Hopefully the NSE thumper is going to be in the next batch as i wouldn't mind one of those either! My Legoman sound chip arrived yesterday and i fitted it into the thumper last night, it sounds great! I may start to take some pics of the other side of the layout then, i've just never been to happy with it as that side features my first ever attempts at ballasting and weathering track!