Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

Cheers Andy. Managed to get online via phone easier than laptop. At dad's, so no modelling. It'll be gd to see what you come up with in 2013. You're on lead guitar so stop insulting the drummer! Lol! Enjoy your mince pies! Jeff

Cheers Andy. Managed to get online via phone easier than laptop. At dad's, so no modelling. It'll be gd to see what you come up with in 2013. You're on lead guitar so stop insulting the drummer! Lol! Enjoy your mince pies! Jeff

Oh no, we're not going to get Jeff in duplicate over Christmas are we? :O

• RMweb Premium
Oh no, we're not going to get Jeff in duplicate over Christmas are we? :O

You may well do! I'm not very good at scanning web pages on a mobile - but at least it lets me keep an eye on what you lot are upto!

Having just read the MR review of the B17, I may have to order more than one...

Keep the posts coming "Lunesters". Al (Schubert) - you have a lot to answer for!

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

A band.  Well, I am not musical but I could do the PA.

Andy,

I have a young friend who is an excellent bass player by choice, makes his living by it, so I am not sure he would appriecate being called a failed guitarist, neither would John Entwhistle, but as neither read this I suppose you are safe. :yes:

Jeff

I know it is Christmas, but back to modelling.  One of the delights of this hobby is that when you get bored doing one thing wish to excercise a different modelling skill there is always something new to do.  That is why I have a lot of projects on the go at once. ('a lot' -an engineers counting term for more than 3)  In between and while I am doing them, I am also populating my railway.  It can be rather trying to be painting people as you only need to use small amounts of paint in one go as everyone's clothes will be different, unless you are painting hands & faces or railway staff.  Therefore they are always at hand and if I have only a small amount of time I am likely to paint  people. (Still have not got very far filling up 3, or is it 4?, workman's coaches with slate miners, but that is another story.)

So my question is, in between all the big projects of building your hillside, laying the rest of your track, finishing the wiring, test running, ballasting, making your river, scratch building the station and various other buildings, are you going to be painting people or will you cheat and buy them ready painted?

Happy Christmas to you and all the other Loon Lunesters. :yes:

Edited by ChrisN
  • Like 1

Jeff

Mince pies & mulled wine all a round I think, looking forward to more tips in the new year have a well deserved break

• RMweb Premium

EXCELLENT post, Chris. Re. bass players, one of my heroes is Geddy Lee from Rush - a great bass player. Remember, Andy often says things tongue-in-cheek!

Other than the small number of tasks you've outlined for me (!!) I may buy some white metal figures and paint the.. More options that way. Haven't done anything like that since painting Airfix figures years ago.

Very slow typing stuff via phone keypad, but warmer as I can do this indoors.

2013 should be a busy year.

All the best.

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
Jeff Mince pies & mulled wine all a round I think, looking forward to more tips in the new year have a well deserved break

Cheers Billy. Have a lovely Christmas.

I hope there'll be plenty of action next year and I'm sure to learn a lot as well!

Jeff

Hi Jeff and fellow Lunesters

Just caught up with the band idea. Excellent idea and I would like to put my name down for the position of 'the other one'. A traditional and vital position in any band. For instance there's Status Quo with Francis Rossi, Alan Lancaster, Rick Parfitt and the other one. Then there was Free with Paul Kossoff, Paul Rodgers,Simon Kirke and the other one. Finally of course there was Deep Purple, the most famous of the lot, who had so many ‘other one’s’ they’ve got an entry in the Guiness Book of Records. I'm quite presentable and come complete with my own black Stratocaster. I've even got the same hairstyle as Mr. Gilmour! After all with the esteemed Andy P on lead how fast (oops!) I mean how can it go wrong?

Regards

Bill

Edited by Mythocentric

• RMweb Premium

The question is, Bill, can you play the guitar as well as the person you resemble?

I reckon that collectively we could teach the world a bit about modelling. Not sure about the music though!!

All the best, Bill.

Bill

ps. It's nice to have a break from practical modelling - though I continue to scheme!

• RMweb Gold

EXCELLENT post, Chris. Re. bass players, one of my heroes is Geddy Lee from Rush - a great bass player. Remember, Andy often says things tongue-in-cheek! Other than the small number of tasks you've outlined for me (!!) I may buy some white metal figures and paint the.. More options that way. Haven't done anything like that since painting Airfix figures years ago. Very slow typing stuff via phone keypad, but warmer as I can do this indoors. 2013 should be a busy year. All the best. Jeff

Jeff,

As far as bass players go I was, (hopefully) keeping it in the light vein that we are all used to.

Figures: I assume you know all the usual suspects like Langley & Monty's Models plus Aiden Campbell but there is a newer set from Pete Goss if you do not mind figures with short legs.  There is also Mike Pett whose figures look very good but are turn of the century, 20th Century that is. (You have to write to him and send him a cheque which I have been meaning to do for weeks so that my wife/sons can give them to me at Christmas.)  Scalelink (?) used to do some but I have not been able to find them recently, and there are a couple of others.

Sorry but I am a bit obsessive about figures, It is what comes of scouring the internet looking for the late victorian ones; I even follow a war gaming site to try and find soldiers in more peaceful poses not killing each other. 

Edited by ChrisN

The question is, Bill, can you play the guitar as well as the person you resemble? I reckon that collectively we could teach the world a bit about modelling. Not sure about the music though!! All the best, Bill. Bill ps. It's nice to have a break from practical modelling - though I continue to scheme!

Weeelllll! I can run through my scales and still have (approximately) the same number of fingers afterwards. As for resembling the hallowed one, I'm afraid that stops at the hair! Come to think of it modelling is way more fun, plus you get to sit down doing it.

I actually started a goods shed (Holmfirth) this morning then the family, including the Canadian contingent, arrived so I got dragged off to see Father Christmas by the grandkids. I am now officially kn*****red!

Scheme on and prosper

Bill

Edited by Mythocentric
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Mike and Chris....

Honorary roadie you shall be, Mike - though when you hear me sing you'll want to take over!

Chris - I've come across Langley and Monty's and being unimaginative that's what I'll probably use. It'll make a change from using a multimeter or soldering!

Anyway, it's nearly time for Father Christmas so I'll wish you all a great day tomorrow. Enjoy whatever you do!

Jeff

Just back from church; cup of tea in hand.

Need to get the mince pie and glass of milk out for Santa, plus the carrot for Rudolf of course. Hopefully Santa will have brought me half a dozen railway books when I get up tomorrow.

Hope the Looney Lunesters get what they wish for too.

Compliments of the Season!

Peter

Cheers Bill. Relax and recharge! Goodnight....... Jeff

Oh no, he's doing it again.

Doing it again.....

NORAD says he's currently over the UK.  Of course, you have no Lightning F6's, or Blue Circle equipped (!) Tornado F3's left...

Enjoy your christmas day, and hope he brought you all the best toys that you are wanting.  (my boys are waiting, it being 1730 here...still time before they go to bed)

James

Blues and Jazz please, and here it is very warm for Xmas day,  quiet here, and I did a slightly different picture, shock horror it actually could be S & C country, even if the engine is a Polmadie one...  early 1950s the way is was.. 

Cheers,

post-7929-0-62233600-1356477776.jpg

Rob

Edited by robmcg
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all.

Enjoy your over-indulgence and I hope you all got all the models and railway paraphernalia you requested from Santa!

Jeff

No railway paraphernalia at all apart from a book about Powell Duffryn (is a book 'paraphernalia' I wonder?) - got books on such diverse subjects as Antarctica and Everest to satisfy my other interests.  Hope you're having a good day with dad Jeff.

• RMweb Premium

Larry - you MUST have gallons of PVA "chez Goddard"!!

Glad to hear you've stocked up with SMP. I'm sure C&L is good, but SMP is quite enough for me!

Thanks Mike. S&C dvds, a couple of rail-related books - good stuff. Off for Christmas dinner now. Enjoy climbing Everest!

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

Stuffed full of Turkey, sprouts , Yorkshires, carrotts etc followed by Trifle, (could not face the Christmas Pud just yet), will wait till the rest has gone down and Settled and Carlyled somewhere down in the Dent of my stomoch, just near my Kirkby Luneside Pass, (rhymes with a**). Must finnish off the rest of the Back Tower now that I have dropped my Mum home, (hope she didn;t get a bruise when I dropped her, hp ho jho) whoops three to many wines, and I kant hit the right keys, heh heheh

Looney Lunesider the 2nd, about to pass out SIR.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That's the SPIRIT Andy! I know how you feel - ate so much I couldn't face the pudding.

Trying to read about Gresley steam engines, but feel like falling asleep!

Good job I'm not modelling.....

Jeff