Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

Here's a post, then, Jeff.

I've just popped in to see what's been happening and perhaps to say "Hello" but it sounds like it should be "Have a great day tomorrow and see you when you get back in the bunker" - in a figurative sort of manner.

In the meantime, something from last week's Barrow Hill Live to whet your appetite: post-14049-0-11622100-1381010121.jpg

Polly

• RMweb Premium

Well, Jan is in Sydney for a week with her daughter and grandkids, the house is empty at night, the two cups of tea for starters in the morning, then bread we make ourselves, and watering the tomato seedlings...     I dunno. Better think about that image in my head of an express engine on speed-canted curve racing under a footbridge and whistling for a couple of spotters on the platform, exhaust streaming back and slightly broken up by the bridge....     

None of this 4F and 16 loaded mineral wagons palava...  leave that for Jason and Jeff and others....

Yes, Rob.... You'll be seeing a fair bit more of that. Just organising my weathered wagon train line ups, including 17 milk wagons, 18 mineral, 24 petrochemical tanker and 15 vent van loads (plus brakes, of course).

Coming to a thread near you in the next month or so. No doubt I can tickle your fancy with the haulage done by 5MTs or 9Fs. Though 4Fs would be almost as good! No passenger trains on the horizon at the moment.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Polly. I'll be posting regularly on here over the next week - and maybe starting the next project. But I think I'll take a bit of time to look around the Forum, for a change.

Especially keeping an eye on what the mercurial Bodgit is up to!

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

Thanks Polly. I'll be posting regularly on here over the next week - and maybe starting the next project. But I think I'll take a bit of time to look around the Forum, for a change.

Especially keeping an eye on what the mercurial Bodgit is up to!

Jeff

Who me, nothing Boss, just scheming  planning my next move.

When you say NEXT PROJECT, do you mean next project in the same way as I do?

Like O Gauge around the Garden or N around that spare room you have?

Whats next then?

Bodgit :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Evening folks.

I've been up at the NYMR today - great weather and a good day. Photos later.

I was unable to get onto the Forum when I arrived home - until a short while ago. Has there been a problem?

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Like O Gauge around the Garden or N around that spare room?

Whats next then?

Blimey! No sooner do I log in, than I'm met by THE MAN himself!! Hi Andy.

OK, next projectS, in no particular order...

Build the shepherd cottage

Landscape the viaduct end of the Fell when the cottage is in (scatters/paths etc)

Weather/fit/complete hill end near viaduct

More walling across viaduct valley

Stream into viaduct centre span

Small packhorse bridge across stream

Build the station platforms

Complete aqueducts and relevant hillside/cuttings...

Well, that should keep me going for a few days using "Bodgit time" as a time measure!!

So, when do I start? Maybe later this week.

Jeff

Evening folks.

I've been up at the NYMR today - great weather and a good day. Photos later.

I was unable to get onto the Forum when I arrived home - until a short while ago. Has there been a problem?

Jeff

YES

• RMweb Premium

Andy Y was unaware of the problems. I can vouch for that as I have been in his illustrious presence all day, along with Wordsell Forever (Paul) and the BCB crew in a village hall in Staffordshire - see the BCB sub-forum for details.

• RMweb Premium

Andy Y was unaware of the problems. I can vouch for that as I have been in his illustrious presence all day, along with Wordsell Forever (Paul) and the BCB crew in a village hall in Staffordshire - see the BCB sub-forum for details.

I didn't try to get onto the Forum until about 5pm, but couldn't. Ironically, I was watching a YouTube video on acrylic weatheric presented by.... Andy York!

All seems ok now. Some pics from Grosmont in the Lounge.

Jeff

Like O Gauge around the Garden or N around that spare room you have?

Whats next then?

Sounds a bit like my plan to model NZ railways in 1:64 scale all hand built in brass.... trouble is, my father was head of Publicity and Advertising for NZR when it was a gummint department, he retired in 1976 , and his office was lined with cabinets with Gauge 1 models built by Frank Roberts, a gentleman of the 'old school', originally an artisan in the railway workshops from c1900.. of all NZ steam engines and stock and they line his office walls, so it is IMPOSSIBLE to even approach the standard (like opening tool kits on/in cabs full of tools, and the engine ran day-in-and-out at the 1940 Centennial Exhibition some were electric some were coal-steam.

So I just do my 00 Brit stuff and even then can't easily put a smokebox door together, except with dab of glue and prayer! Actually I like the BR stuff greatly, but I do go on...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Sounds a bit like my plan to model NZ railways in 1:64 scale all hand built in brass.... trouble is, my father was head of Publicity and Advertising for NZR when it was a gummint department, he retired in 1976 , and his office was lined with cabinets with Gauge 1 models built by Frank Roberts, a gentleman of the 'old school', originally an artisan in the railway workshops from c1900.. of all NZ steam engines and stock and they line his office walls, so it is IMPOSSIBLE to even approach the standard (like opening tool kits on/in cabs full of tools, and the engine ran day-in-and-out at the 1940 Centennial Exhibition some were electric some were coal-steam.

So I just do my 00 Brit stuff and even then can't easily put a smokebox door together, except with dab of glue and prayer! Actually I like the BR stuff greatly, but I do go on...

TWO truisms there, Rob...

It's very clear you love the BR stuff, AND

You DO go on a bit..... :sungum:  (good!)

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I am clearly going to have to alter my latest pic to a Midland train so I can WAKE YOU PEOPLE UP.

That would be a good idea, Rob. In the absence of any construction work by me it's been deathly quiet on here. Not surprisingly, I suppose.

Lots going on in the background that may become relevant in a couple of weeks or so.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Jeff,

Objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are.

Thank you,

P

Nice to hear from you, Peter. It's been a while! Cryptic comments, as ever.

Good job you didn't mention the "Objects in...." quote in the Lounge. It's a Meatloaf song and mention of said person caused a bit of a ruction last week...!

Jeff

I like those Hachette coaches, and like you I have a disease called buying...

May I ask through the good offices of Sir Jeff esq. if your name bears any relation to an engine which is sister to this...

post-7929-0-74629500-1381177485.jpg

I know this subverts the purity of thought which the preceding posts so clearly demonstrates, but I couldn't get it out of my mind.

I can't... no .... no ....no...

Edited by robmcg
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I had a weathered maroon Western on pre-order from Kernow, but cancelled it as it didn't seen quite appropriate for the S&C. Beautiful models, though.

Rob - I thought you hated diesels - you haven't gone and bought one, have you...

And the line "I can't get it out of my head" (not mind) brought back memories of 1970s ELO, on the musical theme.

Jeff

I had a weathered maroon Western on pre-order from Kernow, but cancelled it as it didn't seen quite appropriate for the S&C. Beautiful models, though.

Rob - I thought you hated diesels - you haven't gone and bought one, have you...

And the line "I can't get it out of my head" (not mind) brought back memories of 1970s ELO, on the musical theme.

Jeff

The ELO is brilliant. I was young and fit and it was before my decline and fall into decrepitude when they were around.

And yes the Jubilee is lovely in LMS red, unlike some 2-8-0 pretenders...

Jeff I haven't bought a diesel recently, that Western is my younger brother's, the same who made those videos I put up in the lounge. I don't hate diesels, at least that's a rather strong word for just thinking I'd rather model steam. For running model trains, I think DCC SOUND diesels are superior to steam, as it's so hard to get steam recordings 'right', to my ears anyway.

Edited by robmcg