Scenecraft - What's happened to......?

70E

In the last couple of catalogues the following have been advertised but are yet to show up?

36-080 Horses, 081 cows, 082 sheep also 36-401 trainspotters and 402 passengers, 408 seated passengers etc?

In the current catalogue they are stated as 'also available'?

Has anyone caught sight of them at the recent announcements in Coventry?

• RMweb Premium

In a simliar vein the cheese grater NSE red platform seats seem to have disappeared as well. They have been advertised in the 2010/11 and 2011/12 catalogues but seem to have been replaced by a bench type (not interested) in the 2012/13 edition. Any official word on what has happened here?

I was waiting for the barrel vault bus shelters and NSE style bumcutter seats for Kings Oak...the barrel vault shelter is still shown but as you say the seats have gone. I know you can get a brass version from Ten Commandments made by Peter Clark Kits, but I'm not sure if you need to shape them or if they come pre-shaped - that said, I wouldn't have thought they would be too hard to shape.

Did I imagine this or did Bachmann also announce an inspection pit in 2010/2011 (can't remember which)? I can't seem to find that on the Scenecraft part of their website anymore.

Gutted about the station seats, I would have bought those in quantity.

Maybe they are a bit more aware of the critism shown towards the products after the finished product not matching what was advertised in the catalogue i.e. the propane cylinders and the Air conditioning units.

• RMweb Premium

Wonder if the Brute trolleys will ever turn up.

I hope so - we'll need somewhere for those 36-401 trainspotters to sit...

We should also be getting a Platform Tractor Unit (44-539), which I assumed was to go with them. Earlier this month the Tractor Unit was shown as arriving in the next 60 days, but not any more....

• RMweb Premium

Checked the new catalogue and annoyed now. The long promised NSE style cheese grater seats have morphed into ordinary wooden plank benches, same catalogue number so they are definitely a non starter. Lost a sale there they have... :(

A well known Liverpool shop is saying that the following have been cancelled

36-751 Gas retort building

36-752 Electrical sub station

36-753 Station masters house

36-757 Timber frame goods shed (wasn't this on display at Ally Pally?"

36-758 Village station

36-759 Weighbridge office

36-761 Water tower

36-762 Country station

I'm not sure about the missing codes

and the Bachman website is saying no Scenecraft for 60 days.

Interesting.

44-508 MPD Accessories were announced at the time of the other steam period MPD models but have recently evolved into TMD accessories. Complete era change.

Finally seen a picture of this set in the catalogue, but I can't make out what most of the contents are supposed to be.!!

• 1 month later...

Rails of Sheffield have the TMD Accessories (44-508), Horses (36-080), and 1940/50s train staff (36-404) all listed as due this week. Finally some progress!

Cheers,

William

And the BRUTES too which I'm looking forward to seeing. Plus a load of Pendon buildings and the Tyre & Exhaust Centre (all as per the Bachmann New Arrivals webpage really which does make me wonder if that's where Rails picks up it's 'Due Soon' list from, or whether it is actually on direct advice from Bachmann).

Indeed I have been waiting for the BRUTEs for ages. If they are good (and priced ok) they will fly off the shelves like hot cakes. Which means checking the online retailers every day to see if they have arrived yet to avoid missing out. Personally I need a dozen or more!

If they are clunky however, it's all been a waste of time and I might as well have acquired the metal kit and taken the plunge into metal kit building, so yes I agree a photo would be marvelous. Once or twice I have almost given up waiting for any info about them and come very close to acquiring the kits and a new soldering iron...

At least that's the consolation - if the Bachmann BRUTEs are not good, the metal kit DOES look very good when made up and my order for those will be placed quickly.

So I shouldn't really complain heh heh :nono:

Archived