RMweb

GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

Hello Buddy glad to hear you are on the mend and taking things easy, the build on the K10 is ongoing still sorting out some discrepancies in the drawings busy at the moment making some connecting rods out of some spare jinty rods l had left over from a previous kit the ones l have made are 63mm or nine foot long, l can work on the chassis now, hopefully get the wheels and motor at Bristol GOG....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi George,

I shall be at the Bristol GOG Show, on the Exeter Gauge-0-Group stand. 

Please come and say hi; I won't have the K10 with me, but I will have some of my 7mm Narrow Gauge stock.

Cheers, Dave.

Edited by DLT
  • Like 1

Hi George,

I shall be at the Bristol GOG Show, on the Exeter Gauge-0-Group stand. 

Please come and say hi; I won't have the K10 with me, but I will have some of my 7mm Narrow Gauge stock.

Cheers, Dave.

Sounds like a plan Dave, see you there ...

Edited by georgeT

Any purchases at Bristol matey?

Hello Andy, Yes loads of bits and pieces brass / nickle sheets, wheels, motor, and a nice chassis jig from JPL, also met and thanked Dave (DLT) for his input on my K10, l think l have all the parts to finish the loco now... 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi George, great to meet you too.  I managed not to purchase very much, but was sorely tempted. 

I was very impressed by the show and the venue, it was my first visit.

All the best, Dave.

I had Bristol down in my calendar all last year and then the opportunity to buy a railway room with house attached came up, so Bristol had to be sacrificed.

I am hoping Kettering will be possible because that is my last chance for many months to buy those essential bits and bobs.  Never mind the bigger ticket items that may seduce.

I have to admit that a Finney7 Princess Coronation would be a wonderful project, particularly as City of Birmingham was very close to my heart in the end of steam years - I copped it in Crewe North while being chased by the railway police and then watched it move up and down the short track at the Museum of Science and Industry on Newhall Street.  But I can't afford to stray too far from the plan!

Paul

Started work on the K10 again starting with the plunger pick-ups from Premier Components they are really tidy and not too hard to fit, the chassis runs really nice, will add some extra pick-ups in the tender.

The two pictures of the old bus were the only pictures l took at Bristol as l was too busy doing the trade stand and lots of chatting....

post-7716-0-24008400-1517297297_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-06349300-1517297400_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-60250500-1517297516_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-59008800-1517297624_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Looks tidy George. What motor gearbox combination are you using?

Hello Peter, The motor is a mashima with 40-1 gearbox from Premier Components, l always use bills motors as they are reasonably priced at £45 plus £5 for the fly wheel...

Hi George, great to meet you too.  I managed not to purchase very much, but was sorely tempted. 

I was very impressed by the show and the venue, it was my first visit.

All the best, Dave.

Always nice to meet RM webbers and put faces to names, thanks again for your help....

After some major changes in the building of my K10 l am now back on track at last, and now have a running chassis, also l have made the bogie just have to file some more off the chassis for the wheels to turn, l rebuilt the side splashers and l think they look much better, on the smoke box front there was a plate that covered the front end but not on all of them as l have since found out ?, so my loco is without the plate...

post-7716-0-07158000-1517555242_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-44009000-1517555372_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-40726400-1517555473_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-83594800-1517555648_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-89677900-1517555778_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-42953800-1517555879_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Hi George, 

That chassis looks great.  On the subject of the smokebox wingplate, as far as we can deduce, they were all built with it.  Photographic evidence suggest that the wingplates were removed when the locos were repainted in wartime black, 1938 onwards.  Certainly all the photos I've seen of them in lined SR livery have the plates, and in plain black they don't.  Not conclusive I know, but a pretty good guide.  Even Bradley doesn't commit to this!

You may find this photo useful, its cropped from the front end view of a K10 in Bradley.

post-5825-0-00785200-1517563550_thumb.jpg

Cheers, Dave.