GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

Cheers Andy, You would have loved it Railfreight Red stripe sound 37s with the correct wagons (AWSOME), camera died on me after three pics (why l did not check the batteries (Hahahaha) also had a BR GWR Castle really weathered up, lovely....

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 1

Morning Ray, what l do is fine wet n dry 2000 to start with then finish off with fibre pen and a final rub with 3000 with a little cold water then put the surgical gloves on for a nice warm bath using cif cleaning fluid and then hair dryer to dry it all out, and when its still warm a few light coats of helfords grey primer and leave to dry 24 hours is best making sure l never touch it without sergical gloves on, top coat goes on a treat..hope this helps buddy....

Looking at the pictures. The round cornered tender has round cornered flares, and the square cornered one is not. I am trying to see if it all comes from the Adams, Drummond produced tenders.

The drawing shows a round cornered tender.

Edited by N15class

Oh well George you can't win them all - I tried - They always looked the business to me in Weathered BR Black.

Cheers.

Bob.

Hi Bob, Had a re-think on the livery and decided to go for dirty BR black as you suggested, and will be numbered 30384..

• Like 1

Well l am slowly getting there with the K10 build as you can see, the tender needs the brake gear fitted yet, l am not fitting raves to the tender sides as l have pictures of some tenders without them and l think they look better without, the loco needs handrails etc etc,but hopefully will be finished soon ready for her nice BR Black coat of paint and numbered 30384 then after some heavy weathering she will be ready for service...

post-7716-0-07935900-1518756721_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-12995200-1518756887_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-25985300-1518757032_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hi George

You don't hang about do you.

That looks amazing you have some talent buddy.

Mark

Yes unfortunately Mark, he puts mere mortals like me to shame, Still at least I might get the chance to filthy it up for him, hahah :nono:  :nono:  :scared:

• Like 2

Thanks Guys, l wish l was as clever as you think l am, l get up every morning with Cath at 0530, then she goes to work so l have all day to myself, l do the chores which takes about an hour and 100 brownie points earned, and then l have all day to model, l give myself little jobs on the loco to do and take my time, like today l want to put the hand rails on and some pipe work on the loco might do more....

• Like 1

Morning Ray, l use a 60watt soldering for everything on my O gauge models, much better to have more heat than less even when l solder white metal fittings to brass just be careful   

Also l use a 100watt iron for stubborn bits that have to be un-soldered if l make a mistake, for all locos / wagons l use 145 degree solder and for sticking white metal bits l use 70 degree solder, all with Bakers soldering fluid No 3,       PS Are you thinking of coming over to the big stuff Ray ? you'll never look back l promise....

• Like 1

Thanks Mark for the kind words, are you still doing your weathering demos at shows?...

Hi George I only did the expo em one but I've not heard anything back from the new show manager as yet. I'm not fussed if they don't it was just to keep me busy and to get me out of the house ha ha.

The words I typed were true you have got a skill keep up the modelling buddy.

Andy I hope you are taking it easy. And you do have a skills I wish I could do your paintings are out of this world brilliant.

Hi George I only did the expo em one but I've not heard anything back from the new show manager as yet. I'm not fussed if they don't it was just to keep me busy and to get me out of the house ha ha.

The words I typed were true you have got a skill keep up the modelling buddy.

Andy I hope you are taking it easy. And you do have a skills I wish I could do your paintings are out of this world brilliant.

Morning Mark, We all have talents in many different fields thats all, Andy could never build a loco from a kit anymore than l could paint  pictures or back scenes or build the wonderful scenery that he does on his many layouts, and like you he has a great talent for weathering locos / wagons, l am just amazed at the look of the locos when you both have finished them, l dont normally finish scratch built locos so soon, the drawing has been laying in my drawer for at least five years so apart from conflicting drawings l have sorted it out (with help) and l have really enjoyed the build, there is still a little more to do but should be finished very soon, ready for my next scratch build which will be a push / pull fitted Drummond  4-4-0 M7 

• Like 4