GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

Hello Buddy, Nothing as grand as that, but the fact is that l have never really been a layout man as you know as l get bored ever so easily yes l have sold a few of the layouts l have built but so many of them have been scrapped, so l am going to make a small effort that only fits on my workbench like a small diorama and can be taken down quickly without standing along the whole wall of the room with loads of stock on just collecting dust ? we'll see..

Hello Buddy, Nothing as grand as that, but the fact is that l have never really been a layout man as you know as l get bored ever so easily yes l have sold a few of the layouts l have built but so many of them have been scrapped, so l am going to make a small effort that only fits on my workbench like a small diorama and can be taken down quickly without standing along the whole wall of the room with loads of stock on just collecting dust ? we'll see..

N Gauge in a Guitar Case? :O hhahahah :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  :threaten:  :threaten:

Edited by Andrew P

l have had quite a lot of 'N' gauge in the past but then l could see it, Hahahaha,  l have almost finished the London trolley bus / tender so should be able to get on with more work on the Drummond K10 at last, also l am joining two Parkside SR 12t vans together to make some sort of baggage van or similar ?...well thats the plan...

• Like 1

l have had quite a lot of 'N' gauge in the past but then l could see it, Hahahaha,  l have almost finished the London trolley bus / tender so should be able to get on with more work on the Drummond K10 at last, also l am joining two Parkside SR 12t vans together to make some sort of baggage van or similar ?...well thats the plan...

Why wast two Vans when you can get a Kit for the SR CCT mate?

Good luck with the K10.

Point taken Andy, but really its only one and half kits as most of one kit has a lot of missing parts including a set of wheels so rather than waste anything l will make some sort of wagon out of them, l already have some white metal parts l can use and some brass for the chassis...will continue building the K10 soon....

• Like 1

Morning mate, I hope to get up to see you early in the New Year, and then we can Plan a small Yard. Something like The Wallows or similar would suit you, and then you can make some nice Warehouses, and Sheds for along the back, but you need a P L A N 

l have a plan mate but its all in my head, l just want a small yard and a few points to shunt things around thats all without taking the whole room over....

No good in your head mate, I cant see it, :O hahhah, :no:  :no: give me a week or so and I;ll be up to collect my Sig-Na Track from Dave at Poynton Garden Centre Model Shop and we will sort out a Plan with Mark and Ian as well.

Edited by Andrew P

Morning Guys, Hope good times were had for you all last night ?, (for me l'm glad its all over Hahahaha) l am planning lots of projects this year and first job is to finish of my London Trolley-bus as its been on my workbench far too long, then l want to work on my Drummond K10....

• Like 2

Morning Guys, Hope good times were had for you all last night ?, (for me l'm glad its all over Hahahaha) l am planning lots of projects this year and first job is to finish of my London Trolley-bus as its been on my workbench far too long, then l want to work on my Drummond K10....

Hahah First thing I need to work on is MY DIET, hahha

Happy New Year.

l had a few friends around yesterday afternoon first there was lan who was making a white metal water tower for his 'Shed Street' layout, and Mark who was working on his L&Y 0-6-0 Rapid shunter, and l was finishing of my six wheeled Trolley bus, l then got to grips with the K10 so the workbench was rather crowded for a few hours, l managed to cut out the cab parts and now l have to cut out the footplate to accept the motor / wheels etc etc...

post-7716-0-76188200-1515309762_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-10140400-1515310047_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-11315700-1515310147_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-05533000-1515310260_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-80014400-1515310366_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-74295700-1515310502_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Progressing with the K10 build and l have cut the footplate to accept the motor  etc etc, but the splashers are really wide and seems to have a lot of room for some reason ? also searching for some pictures of the footplate, l think they must have had two large boxes on either side to hide the wheel tops on the footplate ?..

post-7716-0-95768700-1515480562_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-47818300-1515480636_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-21261900-1515480727_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-77965700-1515480813_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-19420600-1515480993_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

i dont know but, does it share the boiler with any other class, so therefore would the backhead be the same as well, maybe try to look for info on them

Cheers, l have a few photos of the K10s but none show the footplate details..