When the real thing looks like a model

Marvellous bit of film, made more so because Newcastle in the mid-80s is a very special place for me.

Quite apart from the modellyness lent by the viewpoint, there is much of interest. Mixed rakes of loco hauled stock, shiny new 2nd generation DMUs in PTE livery and the odd (to my eyes; no doubt those more knowledgeable will tell me it was perfectly normal) mismatch between power cars and coaches on the IC125. Not to mention the reference material for roof weathering. Loved the 31 with single van too. 

• Like 4

Found some of Great Grandads old photos

16030201745_662830e0d9_c.jpg

a by Mozzer models, on Flickr

16030200835_afd3d58d1c_c.jpg

b by Mozzer models, on Flickr

15407949774_fa4724fde0_c.jpg

c by Mozzer models, on Flickr

It's an easy mistake to make, due to the title, but this thread is for real life pictures that look like models.

The OP had a sentence continuing on from the title "But can the real thing look like a model" which for some reason has been removed.

However, some great modelling work there.

Sorry for the confusion...

• RMweb Gold

It's an easy mistake to make, due to the title, but this thread is for real life pictures that look like models.

The OP had a sentence continuing on from the title "But can the real thing look like a model" which for some reason has been removed.

However, some great modelling work there.

Sorry for the confusion...

Surely Peter Kazmierczak, who started this thread (or even Andy York) could change the title as this is not the first time this confusion has arisen.

Snipped from Jim's "down by the tracks with colas" thread, this shot really does shout (very realistic) model to me !  :O 

a few from the weekend

70810 at bicester

DSCF8753.jpg

the new bridge is going to provide some great photo opportunities, the 70 is on the line to claydon, the line below is the new chord to marylebone

I doubt anyone would notice if I posted this in the "how realistic are your models" thread !

Sam

• Like 5

Snipped from Jim's "down by the tracks with colas" thread, this shot really does shout (very realistic) model to me !  :O 

I doubt anyone would notice if I posted this in the "how realistic are your models" thread !

Sam

What DCC modelling is all about. Running lights and a light in the cab. The weathering effects are really good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...