When the real thing looks like a model

12 hours ago, Reorte said:

Often buildings remain whilst railways go, seems the other way around there. From a look on Google I've found one building in that photo that's still there whilst all the railways remain.

The land to the right of Brickyard Crossing 'box is now a karting track. A lot has changed in the surrounding area but one certainty remains - the gradient from Landor St. up to St.Andrew and beyond is still a ballache from a standing start with a heavy train, especially if you're following another train, crawling from one signal to another expecting a red 'un!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SHMD said:

That's a new one, (as an interesting variation on the bus on a bridge theme), a Level crossing on a bridge!

Amazing how comparatively tidy everything was back in 1948.

BrickyardCrossing-EAW017207.jpg.5bb3d6cd0d543cd89f676c89492aea44.jpg

https://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/en/image/EAW017207

16578549322_6dd5ccd33d_b.jpgBrickyard Crossing spotters (pjs 0378) by Geoff Dowling, on Flickr

48424493576_42fc45284a_b.jpgMidland Street duff. by Geoff Dowling, on Flickr

https://flic.kr/p/YUvXq2

Not anymore.  RIP Queens Head.

https://goo.gl/maps/B3bG5C1LhizXF6Hq7

P

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, dvdlcs said:

In the first picture of the Brickyard Crossing area, I thought it interesting that the freight in the upper right corner has no brake van.

Vacuum fitted???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dvdlcs said:

In the first picture of the Brickyard Crossing area, I thought it interesting that the freight in the upper right corner has no brake van.

The train is between two sets of sidings only a few hundred yards apart.   Adderley Park & Gloucester Junction lift sidings. It's running on one of three pairs of running lines so it may be goods only and local appendices may not require a brake van.

Edited by Porcy Mane
Crossed with other posts.
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Portrush station today as recently refurbished.

Still looks like a model and with the street next to the platform and the buildings facing the railway.

See also other pictures in this link.

https://www.graham.co.uk/about-us/news/graham-hands-over-new-5-6m-portrush-train-station

20190824_205544.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Portrush 1906

Nice backdrop and Metcalf type row of houses.

FB_IMG_1566667788626.jpg

They’ve tried to differentiate them a bit at least, but it needs more than a bit of a grey wash. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 31/07/2019 at 15:58, The Johnster said:

A pedant's corner is an excellent idea, Classix; I'd be a frequent contributor!

The very activity of modelling demands a degree of innate pedantry; the more pedantic you are, the better your models should be in theory.  Doesn't always translate to practice...

I believe that the pedants corner is a good idea. But it is a question of whether you can join freely, or whether you can only be nominated by others. This rises the interesting paranoia speculation, May be it's already there, and I might be in it without knowing. Somebody please tell me, is there at Pedant alert banner flashing at the top of this post? 

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Vistisen said:

.... This rises the interesting paranoia speculation, May be it's already there, and I might be in it without knowing. Somebody please tell me, is there at Pedant alert banner flashing at the top of this post? 

Yes but not visible to everyone lol :)

• Like 1