Model Rail Limited Editions news

dibber25

Thats great about the 150 - saw the sample in the window just last Friday, they hadn't come in then but it does look very good - might have to pop down tomorrow to get mine! You are certainly right about the weight - I have tested one of my 150's the DCC ready one from the set and had it hauling 10 of the Bachmann JPA cement bogie wagons - minimal wheel slip when starting on a tight curve and was quite happy once moving! They are certainly very good runners!

Thanks for letting us know its out!

Mark

Hi Everyone,

I went down to Harburn Hobbies this afternoon to collect my Class 150/2 model. I have added a 21 pin decoder, fitted the snow ploughs and dummy BSi couplings supplied and got it running on Rannoch. It is a superb model and runs well. The colours used and printing is all very crisp with Edinburgh and Perth destination blinds fited. The model number is 150 252. Well done to Harburns and Model Rail for producing a fine model and thanks as always to the shop team for their friendly and welcoming service. Heres a couple of photos heading south at Rannoch.

Thanks,

Mark

post-6863-0-54190000-1296581833_thumb.jpg

post-6863-0-01264000-1296581884_thumb.jpg

Apologies for double threading but posted a note on main Bachmann page when I got the call from Harburn. Coincidental that the picture at the top of my thread is of the real 252 and 250. I had forgotten that it was to be this one. Fife Circle dog boxes rule OK!

• RMweb Gold

A twin pack 39-000 Mk. 2A TSO now on e-bay---Regional Rail.The eagle has landed,closely followed by the vultures.

I rang Bauer to check on my order to be told there is no stock yet.

To which I said well they are appearing on ebay so how can that be if there is no stock.

The reply I got was "Don't know"

Thanks for your help then :rolleyes:

I saw the e-bay listing too. I hope Ben Jones or someone does follow it up. The seller says he has to sell his personal collection due to cash requirements. But he only has one other model listing and surprise surprise that is a new DRS Class 20 MR limited edition. Not much of a "collection". And in these two cases he is in Oxfordshire (RR coaches) and Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire (Class 20).

Knowing the RR coaches were not available yet from MR, I was so suspicious I reported the item as possibly stolen. Of course I got a fob-off from e-bay:

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to report a seller who you suspect is offering stolen goods on eBay. The sale of stolen goods is forbidden on eBay because it's against the law to sell stolen property. eBay strongly supports law enforcement efforts to recover stolen property listed on its website. However, we can only investigate such a serious allegation if it comes from the police. If you believe that an item on eBay may be a stolen item, please inform your local police and ask them to get in touch with us. The investigating officer can then use the contact details provided in our Safety Centre: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/safetycentre/law_enforcement.html We know your time is valuable and we appreciate you taking a moment to express your concern to us. Thank you for helping to keep eBay a safe, fun place to shop. Regards, eBay Trust & Safety

My apologies to the seller if it's legit, but if not I hope MR does pursue the matter.

1 There is no reason to assume this model is stolen and I don't see why that conclusion has been reached.

2 There is no c--k up either.

3 Bachmann has taken to delivering quantities of 7 in advance of the main order. This is apparently one of those 7, supplied to CDS and sent out to a customer who has bought it and, rightly or wrongly decided to sell it straightaway. There is absolutely NOTHING that Model Rail, e-bay or anyone else can do about that unless he mis-describes the model or infringes e-bay rules in some way.

4 I understand from Bachmann sales department (all the senior Bachmann people are currently in Nuremburg for the Toy Fair) that the bulk delivery went in to CDS yesterday (2 February) so it should shortly be shown as in stock.

5 The only aspect of 'c**k up' is that we at Model Rail do not actually have a model we can photograph, as the pre-pro samples were in the wrong shade of grey and we've never seen a corrected version. I guess I'll have to get on to CDS and buy one....

CHRIS LEIGH

I have copied the e-bay listing to Ben Jones at Model Rail requesting an explanation and some reassurance over this. An extra-terrestrial manifestation,perhaps ? Or two words, c--- u-

Ben Jones is not currently in the office. Anything sent to him will not be dealt with for at least a week.

CHRIS LEIGH

• RMweb Premium

1 There is no reason to assume this model is stolen and I don't see why that conclusion has been reached.

3 Bachmann has taken to delivering quantities of 7 in advance of the main order. This is apparently one of those 7, supplied to CDS and sent out to a customer who has bought it and, rightly or wrongly decided to sell it straightaway. There is absolutely NOTHING that Model Rail, e-bay or anyone else can do about that unless he mis-describes the model or infringes e-bay rules in some way.

4 I understand from Bachmann sales department (all the senior Bachmann people are currently in Nuremburg for the Toy Fair) that the bulk delivery went in to CDS yesterday (2 February) so it should shortly be shown as in stock.

5 The only aspect of 'c**k up' is that we at Model Rail do not actually have a model we can photograph, as the pre-pro samples were in the wrong shade of grey and we've never seen a corrected version. I guess I'll have to get on to CDS and buy one....

CHRIS LEIGH

When we are told that there are no models delivered yet, together with the language I quoted as the reason for selling which at best seems a misrepresentation of the situation, I do not consider it unreasonable to question whether everything was above board. However, in view of what you say I will delete my post, assuming it will let me.

• RMweb Gold

Ben Jones is not currently in the office. Anything sent to him will not be dealt with for at least a week.

CHRIS LEIGH

Thank you for your full response.This could have been avoided with more transparency.I think our concerns are well-founded.If some of us have come to alarmist conclusions,it is,in reality,quite understandable.Getting in touch with M.R. shop by 'phone is often frustrating and yesterday,for one of us,a fruitless exercise.I have just e-mailed them. Whether or not I get a meaningful response is anyone's guess.Had we but known of Bachmann's policy on this matter none of this would have occurred.Knowledge,as they say,is power.

Thank you for your full response.This could have been avoided with more transparency.I think our concerns are well-founded.If some of us have come to alarmist conclusions,it is,in reality,quite understandable.Getting in touch with M.R. shop by 'phone is often frustrating and yesterday,for one of us,a fruitless exercise.I have just e-mailed them. Whether or not I get a meaningful response is anyone's guess.Had we but known of Bachmann's policy on this matter none of this would have occurred.Knowledge,as they say,is power.

I have been as 'transparent' as I can be. Indeed, I sometimes wonder if I am TOO transparent on this forum. We are aware of the shortcomings of the MR shop operation, and as I said last week on either this or the thread under the Bachmann heading, Ben has asked me to say that changes are being made to ensure that our customers receive the sort of service we expect and which is agreed by contract with the parties concerned. These things don't happen over night in big organisations, however. One of the headaches has been the lack of information available to us regarding what has gone into stock and when. This has been further complicated by part-deliveries from Bachmann, sometimes containing just 7 models, meaning that the model shows as 'in stock' just until those 7 are sold and then it is 'out of stock' again until the bulk order arrives.

CHRIS LEIGH

All bids on these items have been cancelled and the item withdrawn from sale. Also the seller has made their feedback private. After the discussion on here, this all seems very strange.

All bids on these items have been cancelled and the item withdrawn from sale. Also the seller has made their feedback private. After the discussion on here, this all seems very strange.

Sorry, but I can't discuss this any further in public.

CHRIS LEIGH

In dealing with all the above, I should have made it clear that the Regional Railways Mk2s are the ones that are now in stock, and available to order, NOT the Network Rail Mk2 as my earlier post suggested. It appears to be the two-pack of TSOs which is in - I don't know whether the RR TSO/Brake pack has arrived or not.

CHRIS LEIGH

Hi Chris

on the subject of the regional rail coaches are model rail considering a matching loco such as the provincial liveries class 47 for example, the only recent regional liveried 37's as far as I know were the Bachmann 37429 which had tooling mistakes and the first vitrains release which may/ maynot be available?

cheers

mark

Hi Chris

on the subject of the regional rail coaches are model rail considering a matching loco such as the provincial liveries class 47 for example, the only recent regional liveried 37's as far as I know were the Bachmann 37429 which had tooling mistakes and the first vitrains release which may/ maynot be available?

cheers

mark

Rails did a model of 37427 in Regional Railways livery (with Scotrail branding) based on the current Bachmann 37/4 a couple of years ago. There's one on Ebay at the moment.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150557665166&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Hi Chris

cheers

mark

We're not planning anything at the moment, as a number of RR locos have been done and Hornby is promising a Class 31 this year. But if the demand is there.....

CHRIS LEIGH

Archived