Model Rail Limited Editions news

dibber25

Hello Chris,

I ordered some of the Regional Railways Mk2s a long time ago and I left my contact details and phone number when I did. However, my card details have changed since then and I have moved house! Are they models going to be distributed soon and will someone be in touch with me about payment and postage details?

Rick

• RMweb Gold

Hello Chris,

I ordered some of the Regional Railways Mk2s a long time ago and I left my contact details and phone number when I did. However, my card details have changed since then and I have moved house! Are they models going to be distributed soon and will someone be in touch with me about payment and postage details?

Rick

Not Chris but another punter,Ian. Ring Model RailShop on 01858 438424. Apparently,some have arrived. Be prepared to be patient in getting through to them.Good luck! Ian.

Hello Chris,

Rick

I'd advise contacting the MR Shop by phone. The system for taking advance orders has been a manual operation and has not yet been transferred to computer, so it is difficult for the telephone staff to check old details. I'd get in touch with them and place a new order with the revised details.

CHRIS LEIGH

Rails did a model of 37427 in Regional Railways livery (with Scotrail branding) based on the current Bachmann 37/4 a couple of years ago. There's one on Ebay at the moment.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I am just in the throws of rebranding one of these Scotrail models to Regional Railways and renumbering to a suitable loco for my North West layout, I have the 31 on order so I hope I get my pre-order quota of Regional Railways coaches.

• RMweb Premium

Watch the Hornby RR 31 when it does appear, catalogue shots show it has a major clunker on it, the nameplate is spelt wrong!! Not a problem if you plan to add a etched plate over the top mind...

A stocklist received today shows the NETWORK RAIL Mk2 TEST COACH as in stock at the MR Shop. The second RR two-pack of Mk2s is not yet in stock - only the 2 x TSO pack, so far.

MR limited editions will be on sale on our stand at Model Rail Scotland (except the Class 150, which will be available on the Harburn stand).

CHRIS LEIGH

A stocklist received today shows the NETWORK RAIL Mk2 TEST COACH as in stock at the MR Shop. The second RR two-pack of Mk2s is not yet in stock - only the 2 x TSO pack, so far.

MR limited editions will be on sale on our stand at Model Rail Scotland (except the Class 150, which will be available on the Harburn stand).

CHRIS LEIGH

Is the only way to order via phone?

I see the Model Rail shop online hasnt got any of the Mark 2's on it yet. And the latest magazine doesnt have them on the order form.

Cheers

John

I see the Model Rail shop online hasnt got any of the Mark 2's on it yet. And the latest magazine doesnt have them on the order form.

Cheers

John

Bush Telegraph. Is that allowed these days?!

Until someone uploads them on the website, then I guess picking up the phone is your only option.Or you could write a letter.

Cheers

John

As I said further up this post, we don't yet have any to photograph and we can't advertise them without a photo, so for the time being phone orders are the only way. Sorry, but the arrival of these took us by surprise.

CHRIS LEIGH

Is there any danger of the Regional Rail Mk2s selling out? I have struggled and struggled with the Model Rail shop on the phone, I feel like that although I supposedly ordered my packs months ago - there is no record of this and I am now in danger of missing out. I hope this is not actually the case.

Rick

I don't think you'll miss out. There's 500 sets and they've only recently arrived. I'd advise placing a new order if you haven't already done so. We asked for a facility for advance orders to be taken but there was no system on the computer to do this, so all the advance orders were taken by hand. We will get the MR Shop operation sorted out . We are working on it but it will take a few weeks yet.

CHRIS LEIGH

• RMweb Premium

My L/E Class 08 D3052 arrived with me in Portugal yesterday, in a jiffy bag with one extra layer of bubble wrap.... and a standard 2nd class pre-paid postage label. No wonder it took so long - when I called the shop to ask what was happening I was told it was posted on 20 January. But it did arrive and I didn't pay extra postage for European mail. :)

I don't know if this was a mix up - as a MR subscriber I simply gave my number and they used the address from their database. I reminded them I was in Portugal and expected to be asked to pay more for the postage, but wasn't. Did they realise or made a mistake? I am very pleased they are able to send the L/Es abroad, but I hope others don't get returned or lost because insufficient postage is being applied.

Oh, and the weathering does look effective. I haven't had a chance to run it yet - I'm waiting for a decoder to fit first.

• RMweb Gold

Phoning the Model Rail Shop is a farce....the recorded message says they are open from 10.00am to 4.00pm on Sundays but at 10.15am this morning the rather smug voice tells you that the shop is closed - goodbye.

What an organisation......

Keith

Phoning the Model Rail Shop is a farce....the recorded message says they are open from 10.00am to 4.00pm on Sundays but at 10.15am this morning the rather smug voice tells you that the shop is closed - goodbye.

What an organisation......

Keith

I apologise once again for the shortcomings of the present MR Shop operation. It has fallen way below the standard of service which we would expect our customers to receive and I would strees that is NOT an operation run by the magazine team, but one which is contracted out. New arrangements are being made but will be a while before they come into operation. In the meantime I can only ask you to bear with us, or else wait until the new arrangements are announced.

CHRIS LEIGH

• RMweb Gold

I apologise once again for the shortcomings of the present MR Shop operation. It has fallen way below the standard of service which we would expect our customers to receive and I would strees that is NOT an operation run by the magazine team, but one which is contracted out. New arrangements are being made but will be a while before they come into operation. In the meantime I can only ask you to bear with us, or else wait until the new arrangements are announced.

CHRIS LEIGH

Chris,

Thanks for your response. Please rest assured that I realise that the shop operation is not run by the magazine team and I understand the frustration that you and your colleagues at Model Rail must feel at this moment in time.

I must say, however, that when I have got through to the shop on previous occasions, the staff who I have spoken to have been polite and have tried to help as much as they could but were let down by the lack of operating systems provided by the company they work for.

It was my hope today to order the Network Rail coach and the Regional Railways TSO set. Not being able to contact them by phone I did, at least, purchase the Network Rail coach through the website.

Keith

Personally i think its time Model Rail found some one who can provide a service to there customers. My experience with model rails new shop has been to put it bluntly Rubbish. My Network Rail 37 tooks weeks to come and took four phone calls had to re order it again and get Model Rail team help. My DRS 20 was quicker but had to order that twice two.I ordered the Reggie rail mk2s when they were first advertisd. Nothing will probably have to order them again. I dont have the time to keep trying to order something i want. On top of that all they do is chuck it a jiffy bag and send it second class post. And 28 days waiting time come on who takes that time now small shop or big. And just to say if the guy on Ebay got his that fast from the first seven How i wonder did he order them? get them so fast and put them on Ebay. Sorry to go on Regards to all Chris

• RMweb Gold

I think we have fully established now that there are problems with the Model Rail shop.

Chis Leigh is fully aware of this from all the posts on here and has explained what they are trying to do to rectify this.

I really don't think there is any more mileage in moaning about this particular issue .

We know there are problems, we know they are being looked at and we know the people involved will do their best to come up with something better.

In the meantime we have to work with what we have got.

If you want a Model Rail product bad enough, its the only option at the moment.

Maybe some would benefit excersising a bit more patience and understanding.

I think we have fully established now that there are problems with the Model Rail shop.

Chis Leigh is fully aware of this from all the posts on here and has explained what they are trying to do to rectify this.

I really don't think there is any more mileage in moaning about this particular issue .

We know there are problems, we know they are being looked at and we know the people involved will do their best to come up with something better.

In the meantime we have to work with what we have got.

If you want a Model Rail product bad enough, its the only option at the moment.

Maybe some would benefit excersising a bit more patience and understanding.

Thanks. You've saved me a job. As I've said, new arrangements are being made, but these things take time to set up.

CHRIS LEIGH

Archived