RMweb

Mk3 coach production

DapolDave

TGS in production and expected to arrive in December according to Joel at TINGS today

The sign on the stand could have been a little clearer then

It read production December 2015

I then assumed about a further 3 months before available from the retailers

I think buying two of them and a 67 to recreate test runs may have limited appeal... On the other hand it's the only way you can actually run them prototypically without any kit on the front! Next up: Dapol to release 41001 on its own for use with a brake van.

:jester:

JB

HST%20rtc%20loop1%202-73.jpg

So you had a 'heads up' about this weekend's announcement back in February(!)

Just had a horrid thought
The original HST trailer cars still exist, and used to be easily identifiable by the lack of window (chrome) trims
I do wonder if a full set will be produced, and yet another compromise with door control lights painted over!

• RMweb Premium

In their defence I'd say that'd be a big 'just'. I'd have thought a better compromise would have been to simply have them painted on those which have them, with no actual relief. They hardly protrude in real life after all.

• RMweb Gold

Hi gang,

I have seen the second version livery shots for the TGS - seen at TINGS and apart from the Chinese printing one worse that first efforts all a lot better. The Blue grey ones and the EMT ones spot on. XC and VT ones very good compared to first efforts, FGW a little  more work and the INTERCITY and Intercity 125 exec livery a few tweaks .

I asked when looking about roof colours and these look to match production runs on EMT, XC, blue grey liveries , cannot recall if FGW was black, blue or blue with a stripe... all of which can be right in the real world.  Pretty certain VT was black and the other two were dark grey which ever means they wont match all production runs.

I guess we now fall into the chinese dead zone that if not on a ship by December that is it until end of January new year celebrations and its commercial fallout which puts the TGS early 2016.... time will tell

I did ask about getting some spare roofs - you never know.

Next I guess will be the 252 coaches as relivery complete with BILs in place but will be better than my painted efforts - then ..

Chiltern might be more of a problem but would sit well with 68 so a no brainer.  Sleepers would allow the FGW service using a TGS - with buffered underframe to mug as BFO.  and Yellow TGS , TFO , TRSB as a mug up for a Test HST.

cheers

Robert    

• 3 months later...

I was wondering the same. Someone earlier in the thread said they were expected December, but we're now into mid January and no sign of them.

I've seen the undecorated shot on their website but not seen any decorated samples yet, I wonder if there's been a problem with them. Could be another clanger like the swallow and Network Rail DVT's that were 18 months late (and the swallow still had the wrong shade of falcon grey ...)

• RMweb Premium

I've scooped up a very large number of them for repaints and conversions, opportunities this good aren't to be missed!

I have also picked up a couple which with an evenings work and a few transfers will soon be in ScotRail livery.

Rail Express have printed a shot of a BlueGrey version of the TGS in their current Edition "scheduled for release this coming month" and ehattons show Jan/Feb 2016.

It's been a long wait

Probably the same sample that was at last years N Gauge Show, as it did not have any errors as far as I could see

Assuming production was December 2015 (as discussed with Dapol), then I would expect retailers to confirm their orders this month and stock to arrive in shops for February

• RMweb Gold

Hi ,

Yes same sample and ok to my eye as well. I fitted body to underframe whilst doing 56019 and 33102. I am looking forward to TGS sooner than later as well. 

Fitted some 3D print parts to start on a sleeper coach this week. - cut out window section and fit a replacement section  print made same thickness as Dapol side - 15 minutes later coach well on way to the primer level.

Robert

Whilst I too am waiting for the TGS, I need two in INTERCITY livery, I also need to fully inspect it before purchase
So long as the "dreadful" errors on the sample are corrected
I may also purchase an additional InterCity livery, as I expect demand to be high and I may add a third HST to my fleet

• RMweb Premium

I am waiting for a blue grey TGS as well to complete my HST. One thing I had to do when bringing together the other cars was swap rooves over with loco hauled Dapol mk3's in a couple of cases as the roof colours didn't match.

A bit of a shambles.....