Heljan AC Cars Railbus - Decorated Sample

dcroz

Looking good! Have suggested that they correct the window surrounds on the door and to the right of the door which are not aluminium but Beclawat black rubber strip as on the windscreens.

CHRIS LEIGH

David,

Many thanks for the picture and info. Do you happen to recall whether they've corrected the window surrounds. It rather looks from the bodyshell in the background of shot as if they haven't??

Tony

Asked them at Warley how this one came apart as there doesn't seem to be a horn on the roof to hide the screws. I assume also that there will be a similar handrail to the W&M one ?(I may be wrong there). The older guy on the stand didn't know so he asked someone else on the stand and he came back and said " he doesn't want to tell you , it will be on the bit of paper in the box" He was Danish so it may be lost in translation but I think we should standby for some weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth again when we come to chip this one. Did actually manage last time to work out a way to not lose the handrail and that is to gently ease the top out of its hole in the body and very gently swivel it down out of the way when the top half of the body is removed. Am assuming that they have done the same with this model and that it will be the top half again that comes off.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for that. I thought it might have been 4, but hey ho.

The W&M was an icon for Cambridge, but we saw an example of most (possibly all?) the other types of Cambridge at odd times. I suspect Cambridge diesel shed gained something of a reputation for looking after railbuses, and they were sent over for some sort of evaluation or tlc at odd times. Perhaps someone in the know could enlighten us?

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

The W&M was an icon for Cambridge, but we saw an example of most (possibly all?) the other types of Cambridge at odd times. I suspect Cambridge diesel shed gained something of a reputation for looking after railbuses, and they were sent over for some sort of evaluation or tlc at odd times. Perhaps someone in the know could enlighten us?

Stewart

A Western one might have appeared as the Region ran out of anything to use them on?

Stewart

It may well be 4 as the Wickham version is being looked at presently! When originally announced by Heljan they did say they were intending to produced four versions based on sales of each issue. The AC version is out very soon with the 128 and the Park Royal is in the CAD room.

I think the ECW version would be quite an attractive model livery wise but we will have to wait and see as it is quite a different 'kettle of fish' from the others.

Funnily enough I quite like the ECW , without checking my books I'm not sure if I saw one though! Should be thought of as a local really, being Lowestoft built at the ECW bus body works, deep in the ECOC local bus company area at bothe ends too. I almost purchased an MTK/NNK kit at Warley too!

The Park Royal (Airfix/Dapol) worked from Bedford for a while, we definately saw at least 1 of those at Cambridge diesel shed. Other types I'd have to look up though, I'm attracted by the AC Cars one, but I've just got too much stock already......I'll only get it if I can find proof of its visit. I really will have to go through my spotting books again.

As an even more OT, & I've mentioned this before, but worth repeating.

My school pal's house overlooked Coldhams Lane diesel depot, the one with the large opaque glass panelled sides. He got up one morning, and saw the 0-8-0DH 'Taurus' loco silhouetted through the sides. He rushed down to the shed and enquired about it from the foreman, who, rather puzzled, showed him 2 of the resident 03 shunters parked cab-to-cab...

(He was the one that missed the real thing past our school science lab a few days before on a freight btw).

Stewart

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

So a pre-production model of the Gauge 0 AC cars railbus is on the Tower Models website

Accepting that its a pre-version and a year away from being in production, its pretty good and I'll certainly hold on the 00 version and wait for this one!

http://www.tower-models.com/towermodels/ogauge/Heljan/locos/railbus/rbs.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hattons are advertising them as due in stock this month.  They update pages as they are advised by the manufacturers, but this isn't to say it hasn't changed again:

http://www.ehattons.com/48130/Heljan_8800_Railcar_W79975_in_BR_light_green_with_speed_whiskers_and_semi_gloss_finish/StockDetail.aspx

Thanks BR(S) for the update and the link to the well known online retailer in Liverpool.  It might be wise for me to place an order with them.

Regards,

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any news on when this will be released.  I thought it was due September/October 2012 and then put back to Q1 2013, and then Q2 2013, and I'm assuming Q3 now or maybe Q4?

Anyone in the know?

Thanks,

Paul

I've just seen an update on the Heljan dk website, posted yesterday, re the AC Cars Railbus release date. Unfortunately the photos aren't displaying but the page title says: ' November 2013 is the Class 88 coming'.

So I think from that we can infer that the release has been delayed again until November, however it is a more likely date to be achieved, as Heljan don't advertise releases themselves until they are certain of delivery times

I've just seen an update on the Heljan dk website, posted yesterday, re the AC Cars Railbus release date. Unfortunately the photos aren't displaying but the page title says: ' November 2013 is the Class 88 coming'.

So I think from that we can infer that the release has been delayed again until November, however it is a more likely date to be achieved, as Heljan don't advertise releases themselves until they are certain of delivery times

Just had the same (November 2013) from Hattons by e-mail. So now it's slipping sixty days per month!! 

Tony

Archived