St.Agnes Station - summer timetable

Jack00

Just a little to report this afternoon.

Planted a few subtle shrubs around and added a few more colours of grass' to give it a blended look.

As Andy said it will eliminate any uniform looks around the layout.

But im currently having a bash at EM conversions on a few Diesels and wagons.

May even build a point.... im in one of those moods lol!!

Jack

Jeremy, I've got a few EWS wagons that were just sat doing nothing. So ive modified the chassis' and pulled the wheels out to 18.2mm.

Eventually I'll get some track from C&L and a turnout kit.

Keeps me quiet haha! Always wanted to try EM.

Jack

I think you may well be right about the dip. Pity, as the Monument is quite a feature - despite the fact that the Basset family had to erect it themselves, as no-one else felt like doing it.

The monument is quite a feature, non-the-less, I suppose.

It used to be right in the view from our window, along with a view down the valley to Nancequke oops Portreath.

Its a famous "bit of stone' really. When you see it on the A30 we know we're almost home, that and the phone mast at Fourlanes.

You don't still live in Cornwall then?

Oh is that the place of RAF whatever its called (forgot now) people at work used to say about all the conspiracy theories!

Jack

Edit just seen your in Salisbury

Yes, the Basett family had the big Mine in Carnkie and were well into Tin money. 

I don't live in Cornwall any more but had the Basett Counthouse at the Old Mine, in Carnkie, for a year, as a restaurant.

Nancequke was the RAF base on the hill above Portreath and had some connections with [Eeer] supposedly strange weapons. There are lost of rumours about the effects from these "Weapons".

I had reason to visit the place a couple of times adn threr wastn' ny effct on me, os teh rhumatism catn eb tru.

Nice! Its all very tinny up there. Great flat load would make a lovely 00-9 layout. With stacks and pump houses.

Ive heard lots of "these ere strange weapons" stories.

Just looks like an airfield to me. Good place for model aircraft flying!

Actually I read somewhere they used to do Rally events up there. Tour of Cornwall rally.

Jack

• RMweb Gold

Well back around 1980 00 was such a pain you really needed to swap the wheels of rtr stuff so moving to EM wasn't much more trouble. Stuff these days runs so much better I doubt if I would bother. However as you say decent track makes a difference.

Don

Archived