St.Agnes Station - summer timetable

Jack00

Hi guys thanks for the comments. Its very much appreciated. I have a couple of potential show invites for 2014. Will give details when officially announced.

Better get myself working towards completion, eh?

Cheers

Jack

• RMweb Gold

Have you got the right stock to re-create the accident/catch point incident in front of the station buildings, as seen in the 'Branchlines to Newquay' book ?

If not, I might be able to help.

Stu

Morning Stu, I have the 45xx which eventually will be renumbered.

But I haven't had a close look at what stock the loco was pulling?

And off to work in a bit.

A photo shoot is on the cards as I want to produce a 'booklet' of B&W pictures.

Cheers

Jack

post-13209-0-88940700-1391104821_thumb.jpg

The boards have been stiffened alot more this afternoon (dark photo sorry)

Which im very happy with. Also ive been working on the facia design. I dont want it too deep as it will block the viewing side, so its shallow. Also got a few more photographs of the prototype to stick to the facia once it's painted black.

My thoughts have also turned towards the fiddle yards. Which im thinking cassettes will be more practical/cost effective.

Also with a facia facing the viewing side hiding the mess/fiddle yards at each end.

Hopefully more soon.

Jack

Thanks PaulPrice.

Just my humble opinion, but...

Its not always about the scrutiny, I found it a very positive learning curve and had fun when I did my first show. Although exhibiting it's not everyone's cup of tea. Perhaps put it out there and take any criticism in a positive way and it makes us better and better each time. You never know your layout(s) will be greatly received. Have you a link to any of your layouts?

Always good to see what other people are upto.

All the best

Jack

• RMweb Gold

Jack,

If you can, arrange the fiddle yards to be accessed from the front (though that might need two operators). People often want to see them anyway.

More importantly, you get a far better view of the layout, plus you are a lot closer to the viewers, who then find it easier to talk to you. You are also out of the line of fire of surprise flash guns !

Stu

Stu, taking that on-board what about a shallow 'stop board' all the way round (to prevent any dropsy loco's) then the layout can be operated either front or back. Also viewers can see what is happening in the fiddle area... and I reckon a more 'sweaping' view of the layout (I guess a better view without a bulky front facia)

Alas...resulting in less material's needed.

I'll see if I can attatch a quick sketch.

As you said Stu. Its nice to be able to chat and explain to viewers and seems a little more personal at the front.

Cheers

Jack

Quick sketch showing the shallow fiddle yard.

Rough guess would be about 2inches from the baseboard top surface.

post-13209-0-08562400-1391110189_thumb.jpg

No idea why I build fiddle yards last...but never mind.

Cassettes will be easy enough to throw together.

Jack

Thanks PaulPrice.

Just my humble opinion, but...

Its not always about the scrutiny, I found it a very positive learning curve and had fun when I did my first show. Although exhibiting it's not everyone's cup of tea. Perhaps put it out there and take any criticism in a positive way and it makes us better and better each time. You never know your layout(s) will be greatly received. Have you a link to any of your layouts?

Always good to see what other people are upto.

All the best

Jack

You never know I may get an exhibition invite through RM web seeing as I'm not a member of a club

Hi guys thanks for the comments. Its very much appreciated. I have a couple of potential show invites for 2014. Will give details when officially announced.

Better get myself working towards completion, eh?

Cheers

Jack

Hopefully there will be a show near St Agnes!  I visit the station yard regularly to pick up feed for the chickens.  The station building is remarkably good condition for its age.

Hopefully there will be a show near St Agnes!  I visit the station yard regularly to pick up feed for the chickens.  The station building is remarkably good condition for its age.

Chicken feed haha sorry made me laugh!

Just for the record I have a pet hedgehog.

It is in good condition, and is almost original (except the awning alterations)

Do you live in St.Agnes then?

Cheers

Jack

• RMweb Gold

Neville sea king. Just realised its your first post on the forum. How rude of me...welcome! And I hope you enjoy your stay at RMweb. Its taught me everything I know (almost :) )

All the best

Jack

...and probably a few things you shouldn't know !!

Archived