St.Agnes Station - summer timetable

Jack00

To show the work done on the road surface. Its dried lovely, pleased with the tone and texture.

Where the visibal line/gap is just under the awning will be fencing. With a gap to allow entry to the station building.

post-13209-0-30316500-1389807452_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Jack

Hi Jack

Just a thought about your track plan......

If the track exits the scenic section  in the middle of the board end.....& enters the fiddleyard in the same way that is about 12inch radius curves!!!!!!.....

Also where are you going to operate from.....'Cos if  behind you'll struggle to see the scenic section for control purposes & if from the front you won't be able to reach the fiddle yard if necessary.....

If possible narrower angled boards at the ends to ease the curvature & if you're only proposing 4 fiddle sidings then the fiddleyard board could be 1ft wide.....Then you could operate from within the circuit of the layout & it wouldn't require much more wood....The overall depth of the layout would be a foot or so wider......

Just a thought

Cheers Bill

Thats a very good point Bill. Thanks.

Thats makes alot of sence. Only problem is I have an extra 4ft to play with, so 2ft either end of the layout. And hadn't anticipated the depth (as you say it would be very difficult to get to the centre if a problem occured)

Also Bill I agree its an awful lot of wood probably around £70 worth!!

I'm not sure if just 2.2ft cassettes either end would be better I.e: cost effective, space saving and not overkill for a layout which is just 8ft long.

Hmm...it will give me something to think about over a cup of tea :)

All the best

Jack

NB; 2ft2in fits a 45xx plus a 2 suburban coaches, which is plenty.

I agree the roadway has come up nice, while you know which material you used I would be temped to fill in the gaps near the station, and if you are having any problems there add a puddle or even two they are useful for hiding a multitude of sins.

Morning Jaz, thanks.

That unsightly gap visible in front of the building will eventually be blended in and GWR spear fencing will be added in the 'groove' whilst the DAS is still drying. Im hoping it will be the solution.

As for puddles they certainly are very good at hiding any blemishes or unevenness of the DAS (or any similar material)

I think in due course a spot of PVA will be added to create a very shallow water effect.

AV being my first port of call for hints and tips.

All the best.

Jack

Cambrian Kit "starfish" is going together well.

Cheap way to get a small rake on the go. Just needs couplings, bearings and sure I've got some spoked axle sets somewhere.

Once its painted I think it will look good on the PW rake. More grampas wagons and dogfish aswel soon.

post-13209-0-46634200-1390131824_thumb.jpg

Now where did I put those 3link couplings....!

Jack

Morning Andy. Grampus will look very nice with your growing collection of NSE!

the avatar picture is of trackday I did a couple of summers ago at Castle Combe. Really good fun.

Lovely race track.

Cheers

Jack

Morning Andy. Grampus will look very nice with your growing collection of NSE!

the avatar picture is of trackday I did a couple of summers ago at Castle Combe. Really good fun.

Lovely race track.

Cheers

Jack

Oh good, Track days are well worth it, you learn so much and meet some really great people.

I had a track day with Peugeot at the Rockingham Circuit a few years ago, we did the full works from driving works Subaru Rally Cars, Lotus full blown works race cars, 4X4 through the woods and the scariest thing of all was driving the American style Oval race cars as they will only turn left which is good when your heading into the concrete wall Oval at over a ton. I won a Trophy as the fastest in the Single seater race cars which really peed off all the Young Guns as this old Grandad of almost 52 at that time was quicker around the track than them, hahha.

Really enjoying your layout build and the pics, keep em comming.

Andy :sungum:  

Andy that sounds like an adrenaline fueled day to me! Rockingham is really unique due to its banked oval track.

I did Castle Combe in a Ford Ka that I stripped out, and you would not believe how well this city car handled through the chicanes! Sticking its rear wheal up off the tarmac.

Cheers Bodge, glad your enjoying the progress of the layout. Halted for a minute but soon as I have a spare hour or 2 I'll get cracking.

All the best

Jack

post-13209-0-34362500-1390486812_thumb.jpg

post-13209-0-69903700-1390486841_thumb.jpg

Just got myself a static grass applicator! I "puffer bottle" and boy it works!

Experimenting with area's first. I have now filled in those garish gaps between ballast and cutting.

Also the station area has had a sprinkle too.

Really pleased with the results

Tea break now!

More soon.

Jack

post-13209-0-46893600-1390492543_thumb.jpg

A birds eye views of the station building area. You can see the gaps that have been filled. The static grass is a little bright at the moment, but once matt varnish is applied, plus flower heads, it should look convincing.

I'm now concentrating on the other end of the layout including the goods area. This has had a coat of grey for the road surface. And a rough 'lane' added to the lineside hut.

Once its dry I'll be able to continue; adding in more scenic detail. Plus a lineside fence and a few more shrubs. I want it to be a plain area though and not have it looking to much.

Which will be a contrast to the other end of the layout.

Jack

Looking good Jack, its amazing how good those little applicators are and a tone down with an Air Brush or whatever. I mix grass from several different makers and colours and lengths into each application so it doesn't come out one colour and to uniform looking.

All the best and more pics please mate.

Andy :sungum:

attachicon.gifIMG_20140123_141734.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140123_141844.jpg

Just got myself a static grass applicator! I "puffer bottle" and boy it works!

Experimenting with area's first. I have now filled in those garish gaps between ballast and cutting.

Also the station area has had a sprinkle too.

Really pleased with the results

Tea break now!

More soon.

Jack

Jack, that second photo looks so realistic! Awesome stuff mate!

Archived