St.Agnes Station - summer timetable

Jack00

• RMweb Gold

Hello "ThesignalEngineer"

Many thanks for the comment, you travelled it in 1959? Did you travel the complete branch?

All the best

Jack

I can't remember the exact details but I think we did a circular tour by bus and train. We were staying over on the St Austell side and I remember going to the north coast in the Perranporth area. We came back via Chacewater behind 4565. D801 passed us at Chacewater on the Down CRE.

"ThesignalEngineer" that sounds like a precious day to remember. And thanks for posting about the 45xx's running number, it will help alot.

Hi George, thanks for stopping by, will be sure to upload more photos soon, but the sun has gone soon as I got the Camera out...typical!

Hi Bodge, haha the prairie certainly doesn't belong in the bushes. Should be storming up those St.Agnes banks in a different way.

Paul, loco rosta, eh?! Now there's an idea. Working Timetable is something I hadn't thought about. But there is an original timetable I found for St.Agnes dated the summer of 1960.

And there was alot of trains departing/arriving during the day.

Will find the link and post it up here.

Cheers

Jack

St.Agnes is undergoing a few a changes.

Im re-starting the track work again as I was not happy with it, thanking my lucky stars I used cork and it came up leaving a smooth surface to start again. Once sanded its left a 'blank canvas' ready for new cork to be glued down. The track and turnouts will be wired for DC and eventually a control panel to operate the layout.(with help from a few people I know)! Also operational trap points to add a little interest. Undecided on point motors, but seep or Cobalt seem favourite.

The platform is being re-designed to allow longer trains.

Lots to do...!

Its all good fun

Jack

Hi Jack,

Undecided on point motors, but seep or Cobalt seem favourite.

Have you looked at the Peco Smartswitch stuff  ...    the pack comes with 4 Servos and sockets for them on the Board [you could up the number of Servos by matching points, on crossovers and using a "Y" or "Reverse Y" lead   ....   Ssshhh - it doesn't tell you that  .....

It has sockets for light signals to operate in conjunction with the points too...   and terminals for DCC Decoder if you go there later ...

J thanks for that its worth considering all options. DCC did cross my mind along with semaphore control. But the idea of switches and LED's on a control panel makes me feel like a signalman haha!!

I'll get my coat....

Jack

Another alternative is switches to operate turnouts by hand from behind the veiwing area which GWRman has advised me on this, seems a simple cheap way of doing it and not worrying about spaghetti junction under the boards.

But as I say 'blank canvas' to weigh up all the idea's.

Jack

Hello Jack,   lf your not happy with it take it up and get it the way you want, don't put up with it as it will bug you all the time, Bodgit came up and ripped up all my track and laid it down right and l am over the moon now,  good luck.

George

Totally agree with you George, its going to alot of shows and I want the track/turnouts absolutely perfect for exhibitions so I can run the layout smoothly. Shame Bodge can't pop to Pasty land, too! Haha. Will look in on 'AG' in a minute.

All the best.

Jack

Archived