St.Agnes Station - summer timetable

Jack00

Totally agree with you George, its going to alot of shows and I want the track/turnouts absolutely perfect for exhibitions so I can run the layout smoothly. Shame Bodge can't pop to Pasty land, too! Haha. Will look in on 'AG' in a minute.

All the best.

Jack

Don't look like I'm moving now, so I'm on my way. ha ha ha,

Two pasties and a Cornish Ice Cream and I'm all yours for a week, hhaha

Good luck with the new plan, you can't beat a re plan if your not 100% happy.

And :sungum:

Thats an offer I can't refuse haha!!

Not moving? Oh dear, is that good? Does it mean you're setting up that big viaduct section?

As you say once the track is down and sorted I'll be a happy chappy!

All the best Andy,

Jack

• RMweb Gold

Jack I agree with you about using switches feels more like a signal box than using the DCC controllers. Seep and Cobalts are chalk and cheese, different technology. Seep's are solenoid type Cobalts are motor driven stall types. I adopted the Tortoise which is like the cobalt. Very easy to fit and the stall feature means it only needs minimal adjustment and during shows any expenasion causes no problem as it just stalls when the blade is tight against the stock rail. Work well for handbuilt points with no integral spring to hold the blades.

If you go for the solenoid type I would recommend a Capacitor Discharge unit helps if you have both ends of a crossover on one lever (as per a signal box). Don

Thanks for that Don, thats helped alot.

Thats very interesting what you mentioned about 2 turnouts on one lever, I did also wonder if its possible to have 'interlocking' as such for trap points. To have an even further prototypical operating feel.

Maybe im getting to technical...!

Jack

Hi Jack,

When I mentioned the Peco Servo system, I should have added that ..........

what you mentioned about 2 turnouts on one lever,

.............  this is what the addition of a Y lead will do.

PS.- The system is fed by a simple DC power too and conversion to DCC doesn't change that, it simply means connecting their decoder to terminals provided on the board.

PPS.- It might be worth you chatting to some of your R/C A/C mates about Servo location as they are smaller and far more flexible to mount than any others.

PPS. - You can use, levers, switches or passing levers/buttons too.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for that Don, thats helped alot.

Thats very interesting what you mentioned about 2 turnouts on one lever, I did also wonder if its possible to have 'interlocking' as such for trap points. To have an even further prototypical operating feel.

Maybe im getting to technical...!

Jack

Ah now we need Staition master to tell us whether the trap point could be on the same lever or a seperate one. The only layout I have operated which had working trap points was Bob Harper's Maristow. It definitely added to the operation once you 'learnt' the box.

Don

Jack, I have the Traintronics TT300, its DCC / DC so when you connect it up its knows automatically which system its wired to.

On Kingsley I have used it direct on DCC through the hand set but as Don says, using a Lever Frame feels a lot more realistic, and this is something I may look at when I start Wye Dale.

Good luck Jack,

Andy :sungum:

Looking forward to the new track layout, have a few Carlings and you'll have it done in no time, hahaha

George

Think I drank the bar dry yesterday George, suffering enough now haha.

Don, I agree, we need Mr.Station master on the case for some expert tips on this ...

Cheers Andy, I had a look at your pictures you posted of the point motors

And they look very smart (and easy enough for even me to have a go) as you say its nice to have the option, later on, to upgrade to DCC if desired. Which I wouldn't mind to be honest. But due to the nature of the trackplan, the loop for receiving up & down trains its not 100% necessary for DCC. but a couple of sound chipped panniers is certainly an encouraging thought for St.Agnes.

Cheers

Jack2layouts!!

Hi Jack,

When I mentioned the Peco Servo system, I should have added that ..........

.............  this is what the addition of a Y lead will do.

PS.- The system is fed by a simple DC power too and conversion to DCC doesn't change that, it simply means connecting their decoder to terminals provided on the board.

PPS.- It might be worth you chatting to some of your R/C A/C mates about Servo location as they are smaller and far more flexible to mount than any others.

PPS. - You can use, levers, switches

or passing levers/buttons too.

Cheers J much appreciated.

Jack

Using code75 track is now my favourable option. As it fits in with the turnouts. I can now re do the track plan using this. But im kean just to run some trains for a minute to get a feel for the layout and see what works better and where. Then I can turn my thoughts to finalising the plan and sticking it down. I have insulated fish plates at the ready!

Jack

post-13209-0-54592200-1394985889_thumb.jpg

Getting an idea of the re-laying.

Testing with a trusty class 08.

Seems ok so far...but still unsure about electrofrogs wiring etc.

And wiring them up so they are not relying on the blades touching to allow smooth running, I'll do some intensive research into this.

A puzzled Jack!

post-13209-0-63505100-1394992349_thumb.jpg

More track testing. The platform will be widened an extra inch to allow the island platform shelter to be fitted (previous platform was too narrow thus preventing me scratch building a shelter which looked good enough)

Jack

post-13209-0-45492300-1394998682_thumb.jpg

This is how the turnouts will be operated. Also changing the frog polarity. A cheap and effective way of turnout control. And something even I (possibly) can get my head around.

Im sticking to Conventional 12v DC for now. This means I get my "signalman feel" for the layout and keeps the cost down which is always good. More dosh to buy trains, said my other half!

Jack

On another note, I've found a winter of 1962/3 timetable for Chacewater - Newquay branchline.

I'll post it up soon. Looks like it was busy even up until its closure in February 1963.

Unfortunately I cant find references to goods movements. But there are some gaps within the passenger workings which would suggest room for goods traffic between Tolcarne Junc. And Chacewater/Truro.

Jack

• RMweb Gold

I've used three of those exact same switches for Shepherds. Remember to drill the hole through the switch activating block before you fix them down... It's bound to be much easier !

The second pole of the switch can be used for the LED display too.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived