Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

So what did you do whilst the site was down?

Well you three had it easy and were lucky enough to have a choice.

Having heard a crunching sound from my mouth, I had to take the

morning/day off and see my dentist.

So, 1 broken bridge removed and 2 painful extractions completed,

it has taken 4 hrs. and a long snooze before I could even talk, let

alone do any modelling.

Still, could be worse, I just can't think what at the moment :cry:

Jeff

Slept. Got up. Cut lawn. then we had 2" of rain in 3/4 hour. I'm five hours behind most of you. Still only 3:48pm here in Gotham City.

Hang on watched Burroughs of the USA win a Gold Medal in wrestling! Triffic!

Best, Pete.

Started moving modelling stuff to the new workshop/railway room in the garage. Must get a blind tomorrow, as the mid-afternoon sun shines full in the window; even with that, though, it was a heck of a sight more comfortable than the loft had been. Sorted out a lot of bits, which had previously been scattered amongst several locations; I seem to have got about 40 of the ABS Oleo buffers with the large head- can anybody use some?

• RMweb Gold

A friend of mine called by.

We had a very pleasant lunch as we discussed various aviation matters (He is a commercial helicopter pilot and examiner)

Then we went out into the garden and walked the route of the proposed replacement of my old garden railway.

All in all an excellent day.

Regards

Richard

Went for morning workout, washed up then sat in shade under garden umbrella. Took friend to Vet. Opened goodies off postman. Had butties in garden and fell asleep. Loosely laid out track but too hot so sat under brolly again and slept. Set track up properly with fishplates, PVA'd area, laid track and ballasted followed by weights. Had evening meal while watching Emmerdale. Vacuumed ballast off track and am rather pleased with the day. Well someone did arsk....

Lovely day in sunny, hot Wigan.

Went to Bolton market, (great for fresh fish, meat & veg - 3 full scottish salmon for £20), back home and watched the son paint the garden fence while I had a beer or two and ran the garden trains !!!

Brit15

Went to work.

Then had a big weathering session. Many wagons, MK1 CCT and the JLTRT Pannier are looking nice and dirty now.

Broke one of the mowers at the cricket club.

Ending the day with RMweb and a bottle of Hobgoblin.

Put some stuff on eBay.

Then spent the entire afternoon renewing and rerouting the windscreen wash/wipe tubing on my car. Not helped by me managing to snap one of the "T" joints in two places, leading to an unintended trip to local Halfrauds for a new "T" joint. On the other hand, after years of more leaks than a government department, I have a wash/wipe system that is leak-free and actually works!!

Looked at the bargeboards on the house, and realised that they need the paint renewing.

Spotted a sunflower growing out of the side of the chimney, which needs to be removed.

Inspected the half of our garden fencing that is trop ancien and decided it needs replacement with the concrete posts and heavier duty panels that have been so successful elsewhere in the garden.

Got the large parasol out and sat in the shade with a beer to think about all this.

Used the bins to follow a large hawk soaring on thermals.

Operated the layout for a couple of hours, applied some black (actually very dark grey) paint to a couple of kit wagons for an engineer's motley.

Fired up the barbie to entertain friends in the evening. Drank more beer, enjoyed conversation and fodder.

Party much entertained by a pair of very large bats which came out about half past eight.

Archived