Badgers Cross Modern 00 gauge loft layout DCC

Thesmudge

• 2 weeks later...

I carried on with the shed side of the layout today, after leaving a couple of weeks for the filler to dry I set about sanding it flat and I cut the gaps next to the rails with my dremel.

Here are a few pics on the shed - it is by no means complete, i need to weather it and add in many more details.

E0C368A6-086D-45D3-8C8D-D58918319452-350

6DFD4AA2-FF3D-41EB-B284-7D503723C0DB-350

3896AA13-F4AA-4BE9-8366-859D40C1C470-350

E8F0BB6F-E7E7-4019-867B-40A3CCF68D86-350

6A4F36BE-E110-4387-B3E8-B29833028B54-350

527E95E9-9177-4F6F-9AB6-D2A28583A765-350

The shed looks superb. Great work!

Could I ask what materials you have used for the roof and side cladding? Is it plasticard and if so do you have a part number for it? I've looked back through your thread and couldn't find out, but apologies if I missed it.

Dave

The shed looks superb. Great work!

Could I ask what materials you have used for the roof and side cladding? Is it plasticard and if so do you have a part number for it? I've looked back through your thread and couldn't find out, but apologies if I missed it.

Dave

Hi, it was Will's box profile, I don't have the part number anymore, it's good stuff, thick and expensive compared to the plastikard.

Thanks to all for the comments above, might have to think how that billboard man would get there, I'm sure he could walk! However, I cannot see that poster changing for a while.

We had lots of running issues yesturday due to dirty tracks, it seems after sanding the filler dust has settled all over the layout. We did give the tracks a quick manual clean and things went back to normal, to help with the cleaning in the future I have an idea I want to put into practice.

We had lots of running issues yesterday due to dirty tracks, it seems after sanding the filler dust has settled all over the layout. We did give the tracks a quick manual clean and things went back to normal, to help with the cleaning in the future I have an idea I want to put into practice.

Great update and love the depot - very atmospheric with all the 'junk'.

I spent most of yesterday cleaning the tracks - something I hadn't done for ages and once I'd cleaned one bit, it showed how bad the rest of it was. The long locos with multiple pickups seemed to cope ok, but the Bachmann Class 08 just refused to move.

Now I need to vacuum up all of the bits of rubber debris that are everywhere.

Phil

Archived