Creedyford

treggyman

Great progress Bill.

Busy few weeks for yourself with the shows.

Cheers.

Jack.

Hi

Jack

Thanks for the comment...one every fortnight now  starting in two weeks time.....

You might be in the same situation soon after Hayle wit St Clemens...

Cheers Bill

Hi,

Looks nice Bill :good: 

Needs a long train of Clay Hoods though.

Cheers, Reece

Hi Reece

Thanks for the comment....

Not hoods but when I get round to it a rake of ball clay wagons should look good......

Cheers Bill

Hi guys, keeping the pressure on for August just kidding :mosking: , Creedyford's looking good, hoping to be there with our new o gauge layout partially finished.

See you then

Nigel 8)

Hi Nigel

Pressure....What pressure....

Thanks for the comment & I look forward to seeing your 'O' gauge layout......Might meet up with you in our local model emporium buying up last minute bits again!!!!

Cheers Bill

The layout is coming on a treat Bill. Very nice work.

All the best

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the post....

I am finally feeling I'm getting somewhere,but it's a long way from finished.....

Lots more detail/cameo's etc to do yet.....

But that's the bit I most enjoy doing....

Cheers Bill

Guest oldlugger

Well I think you've already captured the atmosphere and character of this part of Devon perfectly Bill. I used to travel on the line through Crediton frequently at one stage.

All the best

Simon

Just caught up with this thread, (and havent read it all yet) looking very nice.

Cheers, Dave.

Hi Dave

Thanks for your comment...Much appreciated....

AS said above loads more to do but positive comments are always a spur to carry on

Thanks again

Cheers Bill

• Like 1

Hi All

Lovely weather but too hot to go outside for too long so did a bit more.......

I finished the Shippams building.It wouldn't sit with the front flush to the ground so I had to mix up a bit of filler to make the ground up.

I had drilled the holes for the boundary fence posts but they got buried so I'll have to do them again.

It is bedded on the filler but also screwed to the backscene so could be removed if necessary.

post-7844-0-07872100-1373833610_thumb.jpg

post-7844-0-86826200-1373833622_thumb.jpg

I also did more to the area by the level crossing.....

I created a lane between the signal box & the cottage,fixed the fencing around the signal box ,a gate to the field & added a lot of flock & static grass.....

I also fixed the waiting shelter & some 'concrete slab' fencing to the platform.a bit more picket type fencing & a telephone box......

post-7844-0-52039200-1373833785_thumb.jpg

post-7844-0-05803500-1373833804_thumb.jpg

I had made the conservatory ages ago but put it somewhere safe ......I found it yesterday,so added some potted plants & fixed it in position....

post-7844-0-77088500-1373834015_thumb.jpg

post-7844-0-28752800-1373834028_thumb.jpg

I also added the fence between the coal merchants & the field.....

post-7844-0-89828700-1373834097_thumb.jpg

The platform area is almost done to a basic standard......There will be a footbridge.passengers.a couple of sheds & other station furniture as well as signals in due course......But not by August.

The same also applies to the level crossing area.....Basic scenics done,loads more to add...One job I did get to though was to make sure trains would go through the 'tarmac'infil of the crossing ,so I used my Hornby 121 & a Bachmann 158 as testers & all seemed fine.

More testing in due course.

Well Creedyford will be put to one side for a while as Penhallick will be got down for it's trips to Barnstaple & Plymouth.....

Cheers Bill

• Like 10

Your 121 needs those all important MU fittings and pipes though, maybe a driver, passengers, some windscreen wipers perhaps, bit of painting and weathering..... yeh! should look top notch in the station ;)

• Like 1

Your 121 needs those all important MU fittings and pipes though, maybe a driver, passengers, some windscreen wipers perhaps, bit of painting and weathering..... yeh! should look top notch in the station  ;)

Hi REECE

Thanks for the comment.....

I agree about the fittings & fixtures.....The unit is a complete repaint job & has a driver at one end & passengers

However the glazing got a bit cloudy so it isn't easy to see them....

Also one of the buffer heads has broken off.....So in time I will replace the buffers with better ones,add pipework etc.refix the exhausts & number & logo it.....

But not today

Cheers Bill

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All

Well Penhallick is all packed away 'till October & the panic is now on to get Creedyford ready for it's debut on Saturday week at Hayle.....

It all went together well....A good start.....

Had a good running session.....Something I hadn't done before.Previously I'd just run a few trains through but this time I ran all the stock I have that will run....

It highlighted a couple of problem areas on track joints over baseboard joints that hadn't been obvious before,but are now sorted.

The traverser has sagged a bit which I had expected & am considering ways to remedy.

Next jobs are to fit couplings to stock that needs it,make & fit some trees,fill in the gaps where at present there  is no scenery (not much to do but I can't decide what to do),finish the signal box......etc. etc......

Any way it will keep me off the streets....

Will post when more to see......Hopefully get my computer sorted soon as at present am posting on SWMBO's lap top & I don't know how to resize pictures on here'''

Cheers for now

Cheers Bill

• Like 1

Hi All

Just a quick update.....

My son came round last night so we had a bit of a running session....

Partly to test but also to run some of his stock that will be running over the weekend.....

Didn't take pics of all the stock as with this layout being a roundy roundy there isn't much room to take good pictures as there isn't much of a gap between the wall & the layout & I didn't get the camera out till well on in the session.....

Anyway a few pics.....

post-7844-0-49318000-1376945416_thumb.jpg

post-7844-0-22533400-1376945446_thumb.jpg

post-7844-0-03847300-1376945473_thumb.jpg

post-7844-0-43045500-1376945501_thumb.jpg

post-7844-0-52145100-1376945533_thumb.jpg

post-7844-0-39558300-1376945564_thumb.jpg

Hope to get some pics of the 'improvements' to the layout on over the next day or two..

Cheers Bill

• Like 8