Model Rail 139 January

richard brown

I found a copy in Smith's (Winchester) in my lunch break.

Hornby 2010 announcements

News (inc Warley roundup)

REviews - reviews (inc 4-CEP, City of Truro)

Mode Mail

Cwmbach-yn-Triardd (impressive looking GWR OO layout)

Masterclass - freight 47s

Chris Leigh build an N gauge layout based on Haling Island(very nice it is too)

Better Gangways

Waverly West

Baseboard Allignment - Nigel Burkin continues the series on baseboards, track etc.

Milesote Models - Lima 201 Class

Q&A

Show & Tell

George's Modelling diary - woodgrain finish

• RMweb Premium

Please do not list all the Hornby announcements here :angry: - this has already been done on the main Hornby topic and removed by Andy as giving the game away spoils it for everyone else - it won't be long until midnight when everything can be revealed properly with the correct news and illustrations :D

Mike

Thia all now seems a bit silly as Zabdiel says he bought his copy in Smiths. I would now say that the new Hornby stuff is very much in the public domain.

If there is a gentlemens agreement for this forum not to release the information until midnight, then surely that should be honoured regardless of whether the information is in the public domain or not?

Don't worry - I have no intention of posting the Hornby announcements here - I've no idea if Smiths were actually supposed to have Model Rail on sale but since they did I thought it'd be silly not to buy one (they only had a few copies and they'll probably have sold out by the time I'm next there).

• RMweb Premium

I was just letting people know where to get the information (which I was shocked to find) if they wanted to

Dibber25 points out in the 26 pages of froth thread that Hornby were aware that MR might hit the shelves slightly before the official Hornby announcement and they weren't worried about that.

Dibber25 points out in the 26 pages of froth thread that Hornby were aware that MR might hit the shelves slightly before the official Hornby announcement and they weren't worried about that.

Well sorry for not read the 26 pages off the Hornby thread !

• RMweb Premium

As I said, the whole thing seems to be a Hornby publicity gimick (as you said 26 pages of froth), and theref ore the so called embargo is just a publicity stunt!!!

... and a very successful one - year after year - at that :D

• RMweb Gold

Unable to finish my read because normally "Chris Leigh always has the last word", but this month he doesn't.unsure.gif

Quite agree. The Postie finally got through with my copy yesterday so I had my usual 'skim read' through heading rapidly past the rear ads section to one bit which I always read thoroughly when first skimming the mag - and there it wasn't.

Hurried check of contents was no help - there it wasn't. So deciding that I might be suffering more from advancing age than I supposed I checked MR 138 - there it was.

So it's not me - where have you gone Chris :huh: ? (Langstone Viaduct is no substitute, nice that it was ;).

Does this mean we will have to bombard Ben with emails demanding your return?

Ive only just received my copy today, ironicly just when i was moaning about how i was missing 2 editions of rugby mag and issue 139 of model rail.

Very good read as usal but again, wheres Chris gone ?

Also - very much enjoyed the articles about the CEP and the 201, Hopefully someone from Hornby will read it and eventually bring back one of the locos from my wish list :

The IE 201 In IE Orange and Black, Intercity and Enterprise liveriesbiggrin.gif

Sorry - I didn't think I'd be missed! I'm feeling quite flattered. Last minute cock-up on the advertising front, I believe. An extra page was needed so Backscene got dropped. You won't miss anything, though, as the page was already designed and will go in next month.

CHRIS LEIGH

Read the article about Chris trying out N gauge and having a hostile reaction from some N modellers on an internet forum. Was it here? I never read anything, no-one would be bothered if I changed gauge so why Chris. Don't understand why the reaction but if Chris wants to move back to OO he is welcome to have a go building my layout in the shed!

cheers

mark

• RMweb Premium

For Model Rail at least then the correct approach is to contact the subscriptions company, not the publishers or dibber25: as stated on page 3 of every copy ;) :-

Active Subscriptions

0845 6011356

or:-

bauer@subscription.co.uk

Read the article about Chris trying out N gauge and having a hostile reaction from some N modellers on an internet forum. Was it here? I never read anything, no-one would be bothered if I changed gauge so why Chris. Don't understand why the reaction but if Chris wants to move back to OO he is welcome to have a go building my layout in the shed!

cheers

mark

I missed that Mark - on what page was that? I'll take a look at it when I get back off my dad tomorrow.

Suffice to say what I remember off the top of my head was something that looked rather extraordinary, in any scale, but particularly because it was done in N. The bridge on its own was something else!

I can't imagine what could have give any kind of hostile reaction, if I'm honest.

For Model Rail at least then the correct approach is to contact the subscriptions company, not the publishers or dibber25: as stated on page 3 of every copy ;) :-

Active Subscriptions

0845 6011356

or:-

bauer@subscription.co.uk

Thanks Spam. Maybe we'll have to use that in a sticky ;)

Archived