BRM November 2012

Dicky W

• RMweb Premium

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your quick reply and sorry to disappoint you,but I have been into town four days on the trot and there have been no copies available in the two largest retailers. W.H. Smiths are saying Tuesday at the earliest.You could be correct about the smaller independent newsagents however.

Will try the Signal Box @ Anstey tomorrow as I have the pleasure of taking SWMBO on a Retail Therapy trip to Leicester. :protest: :protest:

Kind Regards,Derek.

Perhaps it's a Leicestershire thing....I normally leave it a week for the stocks to arrive in the various local establishments.

Not wishing to contribute to a "was in WHS in Anytown" type thread, I wonder if it's down to the distribution organisation? Got mine from Sainsbury's Tamworth on publication day. And yes, pleased with it (and no plastic bag) :P)

Stores can't put up what they haven't got - so is it one step removed from the store and down to the intermediary?

I was going to say zero Chris but then realised one sneaks into dave777's £100 layout in MI; other than that there's one in the news and some in the ads so it's perfectly safe for you to buy.

It looks like the readers were saved the pleasure of the slippers; maybe they'll appear at Doncaster?

Oh yes, I almost forgot, we're off to Donny with the new layout.....

• Administrators

Having trouble purchasing the November issue in Sleepy old Grantham.Is there a distribution issue as neither Smiffs or Hasda have any as well as independent newsagents.

Regards.

Hi,

I've looked into this problem and have been told that WHSmith in Grantham High Street has copies on display.

Here are the stores worth a try. Hope this helps and you enjoy the issue...

Steve

MUHAMMAD SALEEM

GRANTHAM NEWS,

17 MARKET PLACE,

GRANTHAM

WHSmith GRANTHAM

49, TO 51 HIGH STREET, GRANTHAM, LINCS

MARTIN MCOLL LTD GRANTHAM

185, NEW BEACON ROAD, GRANTHAM, LINCS

WHS TRAVEL MOTO GRANTHAM

GRANTHAM SERVICE AREA RETAIL, A1 NORTH TRUNK ROAD, GONERBY MOOR ROUNDABOUT

MRS R SANDY (ROU)

6A CHURCH LANE, CAYTHORPE, GRANTHAM

Hi,

I've looked into this problem and have been told that WHSmith in Grantham High Street has copies on display.

Here are the stores worth a try. Hope this helps and you enjoy the issue...

Steve

MUHAMMAD SALEEM

GRANTHAM NEWS,

17 MARKET PLACE,

GRANTHAM

WHSmith GRANTHAM

49, TO 51 HIGH STREET, GRANTHAM, LINCS

MARTIN MCOLL LTD GRANTHAM

185, NEW BEACON ROAD, GRANTHAM, LINCS

WHS TRAVEL MOTO GRANTHAM

GRANTHAM SERVICE AREA RETAIL, A1 NORTH TRUNK ROAD, GONERBY MOOR ROUNDABOUT

MRS R SANDY (ROU)

6A CHURCH LANE, CAYTHORPE, GRANTHAM

Hello Steve,

Many thanks once again,I obtained a copy from WHS Travel at Leicester Forest East services on monday.Excellent issue and I am going to go back to having a subscription from January.

Kind Regards,Derek.

• RMweb Gold

Any one else having trouble reading it on their ipad?

I downloaded it yesterday and have been trying to open it since.

I am using ipad 3 with iOS 6.

All I get is blank screen when clicking on 'read', although the menu at the bottom does appear when clicking on the bottom of the screen.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

I have tried resetting it but I now it's completely locked up so will try deleting and reloading it.

Interesting as my iPad 2 locked up the other week...the screen became 'untouchable' as I was pretty worried.

Did a complete restart and it sorted it all out.

Hopefully the deleting action and reloading will sort it...a bit painful but hopefully it works out for you...

• Administrators

Why is there no reader's letters page (Points Arising) in this issue?

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Sometimes we have to drop an article if we feel a 'better' article needs extra space to fulfill its true potential. In this issue Points Arising was sacrificed. Don't worry though - it's back in the Dec issue.

Talking of the Dec issue... we have a little surprise in store. All will be revealed in due course.

Steve

Archived