Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

11 hours ago, Stanley Melrose said:

... tit's catching.

10 hours ago, melmerby said:

Is that a new type of game?😉

2 minutes ago, Northroader said:

A titter ran round the audience.

Something to do with bird ringing?

• Like 3

Spanish transport secretary resigns after new trains too big for tunnels! Head of state rail company, Renfe, also quits as anger rises over fact trains built in £227.5m contract are too wide...

Spain’s secretary of state for transport and the head of the state rail company have resigned amid continuing public and political anger after it emerged that dozens of new trains ordered for two northern Spanish regions were too big to fit through some tunnels.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Spanish transport secretary resigns after new trains too big for tunnels! Head of state rail company, Renfe, also quits as anger rises over fact trains built in £227.5m contract are too wide...

Spain’s secretary of state for transport and the head of the state rail company have resigned amid continuing public and political anger after it emerged that dozens of new trains ordered for two northern Spanish regions were too big to fit through some tunnels.

When I read that article, it made me wonder how many of our Green Leather Polishers would be so honourable as to walk the plank.  It seems that {regardless of political leaning} ours go for the "Enquiry, in depth", Committee, enquiry, Police reports, any other delaying tactic, just plain denial, rather than just accept that they got it wrong.  It hasn't endeared them to anyone and trust is becoming a rarity, as a result.

• Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

1 hour ago, jcredfer said:

When I read that article, it made me wonder how many of our Green Leather Polishers would be so honourable as to walk the plank.  It seems that {regardless of political leaning} ours go for the "Enquiry, in depth", Committee, enquiry, Police reports, any other delaying tactic, just plain denial, rather than just accept that they got it wrong.  It hasn't endeared them to anyone and trust is becoming a rarity, as a result.

after all that they hope everyone forgot what the question was!

• Agree 5

3 hours ago, Bill said:

A razor saw and some Sculptamold always sorted it out for me. 

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

Just now, KeithMacdonald said:

Because Shrove Tuesday?

And all the more confusing for me because I thought today was Thursday and it had popped up where I saw it two days late. 😲

Quite why I was so convinced today was Thursday I don't know, should I be worried, the answer is maybe, but that's for another day 😔

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Bill said:

Actually, the trains have NOT been built. The fact they are too wide was detected before they actually started cutting metal.

So not as bad a mistake as the headline suggests. True a delay in production, but there are not a fleet of useless trains hanging around.

• Informative/Useful 2