The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

28 minutes ago, KeithMacdonald said:

image.png.108a49c68a0c8c733b98262526691515.png

Most of the points to ponder have never crossed my mind and I'll have forgotten about them tomorrow, in fact they remind me of the little fillers at the bottom of Readers Digest articles!

However, the doggy one...  I've found that some dogs are just as likely to think "You've thrown it, YOU fetch it!"

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, John Besley said:

Ah The Middle of Lidl...

The nearest Lidl to me (fairly new) makes the nearby Aldi look like a model of logical layout!

It's about the same size but a right mess.

The "middle of Lidl" looks like it was just dumped there from a skip.

EDIT, I did buy a cold frame after going in for some food they were advertising on the website but wasn't stocked there.

Edited by melmerby
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

My local Aldi and Lidl are the other way around; the Aldi is newer and nearer but got a new manager during the covid and has been a mess of unreplenished shelves, boxes all over the floor, no eggs, and things pulled out and not put back ever since.  Lidl is an oasis of calm by comparison.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

I like the old-fashioned Aldis.  The ones that have been altered/had refurbishments have completely different layouts and those chilled cabinets with transparent doors, which stick out into, and block the aisles when open and are wide enough for one customer to browse the contents before, perhaps, selecting an item. Why they can't look through the doors, I don't know....

• Funny 4